Evil Never Sleeps

Lindsey's POV

Ever since my fight with Koh and Lexi, they haven't bothered me. It's been about a month since I last heard from them and I've been a lot happier. Yes, my past still lingers in my head and there are multiple times where I just want to smash a window but with those two girls gone for now, I've been much better about how I act.

The question I ask myself is if I want to come clean to everyone. Do I confess all my secrets to them or keep hiding it until I can't hide it any longer? Thinking about it makes me anger, I can't even imagine myself talking about it.

All these thoughts are never spoken they are written down in my songbook and become songs. I probably won't perform them but it's good to have them just in case I'm ready.

I was currently writing in my songbook minding my own business. Riceball was sleeping and being an angel as always.

"Lindsey! Where is the extra video camera that we have?"

I turned around in my chair at my desk to look at my brother.

"Why?!"

My brother walked into my room with a broken video camera and a guilty face.

I let out a sigh before responding. "In the hallway closet, Danny."

"Thanks, Linds!" He chuckled and did finger guns at me but accidentally dropped the camera causing the lens to shatter.

I jumped at the sound and Daniel let out a yelp moving back.

"Oops." He said. "I'll clean it up."

"That'd be smart." I remarked.

Daniel jogged out of my room and I shook my head.

"I'm raising myself." I muttered. My laptop got a sudden alert and I immediately knew it was Super President Kickbutt.

I answered the call and gave Kickbutt a friendly smile.

"Hello, Lindsey, the Hero League needs you and Phoebe to investigate one of our most dastardly supervillians." Kickbutt explained. "You must tell no one. Well, besides Phoebe who I already told."

"Wow, this is awesome. Our first big takedown!" I giggled happily. "Who's the unlucky soon to be defeated jerk?"

"Evilman."

"Well, he is about-Wait, did you just say Evilman?" I asked her. That's Phoebe's boyfriend's father. "As in Link's dad Evilman?"

"Even though he claims he is retired, we have evidence that suggests he's up to his old tricks." Kickbutt informed me and I was very hesitant on doing this.

"Um, if it's alright with you before I investigate Phoebe's boyfriends dad for being evil, I'm going to have to see this so called 'evidence.' I protested, folding my arms.

My phone suddenly buzzed and I looked at the message. I read it aloud.

'Guess who has two thumbs and just got hired by Evilman to be his evil protégée? This guy!' Viva La Evil!"

I put my phone down and was silently confused.

"Evilman hired my boyfriend. Why-" I paused and realized why Kickbutt called. "Oh!"

"So, we're good here?" Kickbutt asked.

I nodded. "Yep!"

I ended the call and sat there contemplating on what to do. Phoebe is probably doing the same thing.

——

The next day, I went over to the Thunderman's house to discuss this situation with Phoebe. I'm only hesitant on this whole Evilman thing because I know how much Phoebe likes Link and I know she doesn't want to do this to his father. I also happen to be Link's friend and don't want to hurt him.