Patch Me If You Can

Lindsey's POV

It's been weeks since we lasted contacted our dad and I'm so worried. What if something happened and he got injured?

"Danny, how many times have you tried?" I asked my brother, who was attempting to video chat him again.

"This is the tenth time and-" The call didn't get responded too and I sighed, sadly. "Still no response."

Daniel saw my expression and hugged me tightly. I didn't hug back due to my downcast mood.

"Don't be to upset. The service at the base could just be down, okay?" He assured me and kissed the top of my head.

I just nodded and gently pulled away from his embrace.

"We'll try again later." Daniel added as I began to leave the kitchen. I didn't reply and walked up the stairs to my bedroom.

——

I got a message from Phoebe saying that she needs help with Link's brother, Harris. I was going to Harris's surprise birthday party tonight so it would be nice to get to know that little guy beforehand.

Daniel went to the birthday party while I checked up on Phoebe. She texted me again saying she had a her issue and summed it by saying that Harris put on an evil eye patch and is attacking her and Max.

Wonderful.

I rushed over to the Thunderman's house and walked in to see nobody here.

"Phoebe! Max!" I called, walking behind the couch.

Suddenly, the twins ran out and looked inside slide to Max's room.

"Oh no, he's out." Phoebe said worriedly.

"Thanks a lot, Collosso!" Max called, sarcastically.

"You know what I am!" Collosso fired back.

The twins noticed me and Max smiled.

"Lindsey! Thank goodness you're here!" Phoebe exclaimed, happily.

"Yeah, I came as soon as you texted me. What happened with Harris?" I asked and looked at Max. "Max?"

Max gave me an offended look. "What makes you think I did this?"

"I don't know, who else in this family would create an evil eyepatch?" I remarked, folding my arms.

"This was all Phoebe. She took the eye patch and gave it to Harris." Max accused, pointing to his sister who whacked his arm.

"Max!"

"Over here!"

All of us yelped in fear and Max grabbed onto my arm. I patted his arm before shoving him off.

Harris shot a fireball at us but we dodged it and hid behind the counter in the kitchen. He continued to fire at us but thankfully we dodged all of them. It got insanely smoky in here and it smelt like burnt toast.

Max blocked some of the fireballs with his telekinesis, which saved me from getting hit by one.

"Oh no!" Phoebe cries. "It's time for Harris's surprise party!"

"What?!" Max called, not being able to her his sister over the sizzling and fireblasts.

"It's time for Harris's surprise-"She lowered her voice when she noticed that Harris was listening. "Party...."

Harris smiled happily, causing his balls of fire to vanish. "Surprise Party?! I love surprises!" His smile faded and he became angry. "Did you guys just ruin the surprise?"