No Country for Old Mentors

Lindsey's POV

'I left because I was scared of Lindsey.'

Thats the only thought that ran through my head. I couldn't stop thinking about it.

My father thought I was scary and didn't bother to give me a chance to learn. He gave up on me.

It's been a few days since I listened to their conversation and the only time I left my room was to go to school. My behavior and mood hasn't changed because I don't want Phoebe, Cherry, Max, or any of the Thunderman's to worry about me. This is my life and I don't want them to get involved in some stupid problem I'm dealing with.

Max has texted me to hang out, along with Phoebe and Cherry but I denied them because of 'sickness' but I was lying to them.

The night my brother and father had their conversation, I did something I didn't think I would do again. I didn't go out and vandalize the city, I'm not that anger. I'm more upset and sad, then angry.

I found my old knife I stashed away from many years ago and cut my arm a few times. I'm so disappointed in myself for doing it again, but I couldn't help it. The relief I feel from doing it helps the pain even if what I'm doing it dangerous.

Since then, I've been cutting three times a day and I haven't been able to stop. I want too but I can't.

When going to school, I wear long sleeve shirts and put makeup on my arms to cover them up better.

I used to cut all the time back in New York when I was with Koh and Lexi. They made me feel worthless if I couldn't smash or break something. I hated it and now I'm right back to where I was before.

Ring Ring

I quickly covered my arms and answered the call. Super President Kickbutt was calling.

"Hello, Lindsey, I have important news for you and Phoebe." She informed me.

"What is it?" I asked her.

"The Hero League has decided its time to take your next big superhero step." She declared smiling. "You and Phoebe have been excepted into our mentor program." I smiled widely at this as she talked. "I'm sending over a list of approved superheroes who can take you under their wing and teach you everything they know. Since, I'm in a good mood, you and Phoebe can choose to have the same mentor or choose a different one. Choose one and report back. President Kickbutt out!"

The call ended and I clapped happily. I picked up my tablet and scrolled through the list of mentors I could have.

There are so many great superheroes on here that it's so difficult to choose, but I have a favorite. Tech Rider.

He has so many awesome gadgets and not to mention the amount of saves he has. I've always wanted to ride on his super cycle, it would make Max so jealous. Riding the bike of course, not hanging out with a hot superhero.

I texted Phoebe and told her about the mentor I picked and she informed what happened. She wanted to pick Tech Rider but she was pressured to pick her father instead. I felt bad for her, but it's sweet that she picked her father even if she didn't want too.

I called President Kickbutt back and told her the mentor I picked. She accepted my request and I now have Tech Rider as my mentor.

——

The next day, I went over the Thunderman's house to inform the twins of my mentor.

"Lindsey!" Phoebe smiled and she came up to me with Max behind her. "Did you meet Tech Rider yet?"