Scars To Your Beautiful

Lindsey's POV

Never in a million years would I have to dislike my own father. Yesterday night, my father attempted to call us again in over three months and I denied the call immediately.

My brother refuses to talk to him and I refuse to mention his name. I have every right to be upset, I heard him say everything. He's afraid of me, he's afraid of my sonic scream.

What father is scared of their daughter?

I realize I'm not normal, I realize I'm not like my brother or father, but he could've just come clean to me in the first place instead of leaving me.

As of right now, I have no parents. Daniel is my only parental figure and I sure wouldn't mind if he became my father.

I'm beyond mad.

I still have the potential of finding my mother actually.

I haven't tried calling her at all and now Im ready try. I told Daniel and he was hesitant but he knows Captain Man wouldn't put me in danger. He's egotistical but not a jerk.

I picked up my phone and unlocked it. I pulled up the keypad to dial her number.

"Do it." I nod and I dial the number.

I started to physically shake as I held it up to my phone. I was nervous yet anxious to hear her voice after all these years.

It rang a few times till a voice came through the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hello, is this Ashlyn Heroine?"

"Yes, this is her. Who is this?"

Her voice was soft and gentle. She sounded so sweet and caring.

"Um, my name's Lindsey Earnest and I think I'm your daughter."

It fell silent and all I could hear is her breathing on the other line. Her voice, it does sound familiar.

I was a little blunt about what I said and I could've had a much better approach but I wanted to get to the bottom of things.

"What? My daughter?" I could hear the shock in her voice but I can also hear the hope. "But I haven't seen you in years, how could you have found out? You were so young, I don't understand!"

"I'm still confused, but I have proof." I tell her. "I found your journal."

"My journal? I gave that to my husband-"

"Willam." We both say but I said mine with hatred and bitter. "He must of given to me somehow and I found it."

"I just-I'm-I'm complete shock right now." She sighs with relief and chuckles. "I need to see you."

"I need to see you too." I smile sympathetically. "But where do you live?"

"Metroburg." She answers.

"I know where that is." I tell her. "If you give me your address I'll meet you there."

"I can't believe after all these years I'm gonna see my other daughter again!"