Chapter-1

This is my first story ever, so it may be a little rusty. Please bear with me. :)

---------------------------------

"Stop! stop! STOP !. I am up you moron, stop banging on my door. " I shouted, whilst getting up from my beauty sleep. Throwing the covers off my body, I went straight to the enjoined bathroom to freshen up instead of going out like a mess.

This has been my routine for the past couple of days or you could say a month. Derek my roommate and my best friend wakes me up with his unique ways and always, always gets yelled at by me. Always.

"Don't you have work today? Why are you bothering me so early in the morning?" I asked him, opening my bedroom door.

"Baby pie, it's weekend." He says in a duh tone as if I should be aware of that. Actually, I should know that. Well, whatever.

I just ignored his tone and sat down on the kitchen stool waiting for him to fix me some of his delicious pancakes on my plate along with my juice.

He made amazing pancakes and whenever I took the first bite I couldn't stop myself from moaning.

"Yummm, why don't you come with me to India? You can be my personal cook, I'll even pay. " I said sweetly, showing my pearly whites to him, my mouth full.

"Oh, why not my Queen. It would be my pleasure to serve you." he bows down sarcastically, holding up his imaginary dress.

I giggle at his antics. He is a drama queen.

"Thanks for the breakfast handsome." I thanked him for the amazing food when I was done stuffing my mouth.

"Yeah, yeah. Now finish up and get ready, we are going out. "He sighed almost as if he knew my reaction.

"But I don't wanna, can't we sleep in today. it's the weekend," I say whining. I just wanted to go back to sleep.

"No can do amigo." He says looking at me bored. He was not going to budge easily so I started whining some more but he interrupted, tutting me.

"Your time will be over before you know it if you keep doing that. Don't you want to have fun before that?" He asks me reminding me. Again. He does that a lot.

I knew the amount of time I had was limited, till I could live my life however I wished, without having someone breathing down my neck. I was the one who told him about it after all.

Well, I don't have any kind of fatal illness or any other type of disease if you are wondering, it's just the time my parents allowed me to go on a tour/trip, alone. To let me live on my own for a while. For the conservative Indian parents to allow such a thing is a very big deal, like the aliens invading the earth kind of thing. You know what I mean right? It is a huge deal for them, especially if you are a girl and an only child.

It's the freedom they gave me for a year before they set me up with some unknown person and marry me off to that guy. Probably someone rich and handsome.

I never wanted to get married because everywhere I looked, most of the couples were unhappy. Only in Instagram reels or the Tv shows did I see some happily married couples flaunting their love. It was all either too sweet or just fake.

Seeing that I just want to be single as long as possible. But I and my parents made this deal at last because they really wanted me to marry someone and have kids and blah blah blah. They just want me to be happy, and their idea of happiness is me getting married.

I still had like 8 months left and now that I have met Derek he'll be showing me around, New York. He will be like my local guide, but we also decided to travel together to all the different places possible. That is whenever he had time.