Chapter-12

As the days passed by, I visited every place possible and traveled on my own or with D or Max. I no longer tried to deny any kind of attraction between me and MAX. Whatever it was between us I never questioned it nor did anyone else. D and I never had the conversation involving Max, either. Max never bought up the kiss as well, so everything was going smoothly so far.

Sometimes I even accompanied the guys when they traveled over the states or the countries. We went to Paris, Amsterdam, Tokyo on business trips but the most of the time I would go on site-seeing on my own when they were busy attending their meetings. I never missed my chance.

It was a win-win for me to get to travel over different places and that too without spending anything. I can always buy chocolates with my leftover money or even the whole shop. Not wanting to be selfish like that though, I just bought gifts for everyone with that money.

Like the leather jacket, I bought for all the guys including D's father but of different colors. I got a pink one for D. And I had laughed my head off after seeing his reaction but I had also got him another one as well. He may be gay but he hated the pink color with a passion. D's mom was disappointed when she didn't have a girl the second time so she would dress up D in girl's clothing to fulfill her desires, mostly of pink colors. That's why D hates that color soo much.

As for Max, I bought him a darker shade of grey, which he wore almost every other day after work or sometimes even to the office. I loved seeing him in that.

Today would mark the 6 months from the time I have been away from my home and the only person I missed was my mom and sometimes my friends, but I was more grateful for the friends I gained here and Max, he was totally a different story. He makes me forget everything, in his presence.

My phone rang bringing me out of my thoughts,

"Where are you?" complained D on the other line, obviously hungry.

"At home," I answered.

"She hasn't left yet..." He informed someone else. There was some shuffling on the line and then someone else, specifically the chocolate voice spoke.

"Love, be here soon. I am famished."  Max ordered me in his loving ordering tone. It wasn't exactly an order nor was it was romantic. It was in the middle.

"Ok, I'll be there soon," I replied my voice airy, cutting the call.

We haven't kissed again if you were curious to know, even when he would give me those sensual, smoldering looks of his as if he wanted to eat me up, I would find an excuse to get away from him as far as possible. If I tried getting away from him, he would find other ways of getting me to come near him or he would without any problem drag me with him but he never kissed me again.

I was now getting ready as it was already 12 and I had to deliver homemade food to the guys, emphasizing HOMEMADE. I have been doing this for the past 1 month as I had lost a bet to Max. He loved eating whatever I cooked and if he was receiving such a service from me then why not give the same treatment to my best friend as well.

Actually, Max was fixated that I only get lunch for him but me being a good old soul couldn't resist D's puppy face.

Now wearing blue shorts and a layered spaghetti top I was ready to go. Putting on a jacket I was out of the door in seconds because I was already running late and Max and D get cranky when I am not on time. They say that they get worried about me but I know that they just want their food on time. And seeing that I had just received a warning call from them, there is no way I would want to be late.

In a hurry to get to the lift, I rounded the corner of the corridor blindly, running into a person. I fell flat on my ass with a thud but I held the lunch close to me, protecting it with my life.