Chapter-2

Walking around in the mall, looking for a dress to wear, I mean gown, wasn't my cup of coffee and it was exhausting. I have never done that, which was proving to be a problem and also because of Derek. The dress according to the high and mighty, has to be classy, sexy, sophisticated, and pretty. I don't know if that's even possible. Was he describing a dress or a person?

I don't know where you would get a dress like that. I don't even think that we are going to find anything. We have been searching for the perfect dress for the past 3 hours and nothing was up to D's expectations.

"Oh, come on. Stop whining. " Derek demands annoyed while dragging me to yet another store. I pray to god, that this torture gets over soon. As soon as this is over I am going to soak my legs in warm water.

.....

"Finally!" I exclaim sighing in relief because now that the shopping was over and done with, we were back home. I could just kiss these floors now, I was that relieved.

"Now now don't be so happy, go and get ready we have to leave within an hour." D orders causing me to panic and thus him enjoying my misery.

"You wasted soo much time looking for the dress, now if I am late, that's on you" I screamed running to my room.

Hurrying up, I took my dress and shoes and went straight to the apartment two doors, across from us, without knocking. It wasn't trespassing for your information, I am allowed to visit whenever I want as I am always welcomed here. Always.

Never in my life, that is until today, had I gone to a party, leave alone a charity event, so I was nervous about getting ready and I knew Vivian was the right person to help me out. She is good at all the girly stuff.

"Hey honey," she greets me sweetly when she saw me coming in. Thank god she was here right now.

"Hi, Vivian. I need some help please." I ask her sweetly, explaining the whole thing, trailing behind her to her room.

"Yes, of course, I will help. You know I love playing dolls with you." She says happily clapping her hands together. Basically, she loved dressing me up whenever she could put her hands on me and a pretty dress, which wasn't much.

She was our neighbor with short blonde hair that reached her shoulders, tall, that is taller than me, beautiful light blue eyes, a heart-shaped face, and a single mother.

"I think we should let your hair be," She said just, pinning some of it.

My hairs are naturally curly so we left it to that and applied all the other crap to my face to make me look pretty. Don't even ask me what all she used on my face because I'll never use it again, so won't bother to remember. For me, I just own a lip gloss, sunscreen, a compact, and a kajal. That's all.

"Alright, aaaand done!" Within 45 minutes, Vivian had worked wonders on my face and now I was good to go.

Standing in front of the full-length mirror, I let out a wolf whistle seeing a pretty girl in front of me. I couldn't believe it was me, looking at myself, I never thought that I would be wearing a dress in this lifetime. By dress, I mean a proper evening gown. I have never worn one, that is until now, which was all feminine. It was very uncomfortable at first, as it was making me conscious but I guess it will take time to get used to it. I am more of a tomboy and prefer loose-fitted clothes.

I was wearing a baby pink satin gown with straps holding the gown in place. It had a low back that reached to the floor. The most beautiful part of the dress was that it was simple yet elegant. It didn't fall in the too simple category, as the straps had rhinestones on them which made it look soo pretty. I could just squeal. I was a girl after all. I mean I am a girl.

"You look beautiful Mahi," Vivian said giving me a once over.

"Thank you, Viv. God knows I would have embarrassed myself without your help." I said appreciating the help.

"It's fine dear. Now wear these, I never wear them anyways," she orders me, handing me her black heels.

"No, no, no, no, can't I wear my shoes? No one will notice them in my dress anyway." I complain hesitating to wear those things, as I started moving backward only to bump into someone.

"Nope, you have to wear it, baby." I hear Derek order, standing behind me. Don't know when he sneaked in.

"Please D, you know I could die wearing these. And if I die I'll come from my grave to haunt you and you wouldn't want that would you?" I asked him pointing to the stilettos in Vivian's hand.

He knew I could fall just standing in one place without even being touched.  

"Don't be so overdramatic baby pie. I know you are very, very, very clumsy but I'll be next to you, and please stop with those eyes, won't work on me this time," he says smiling amused not looking at my face directly. I was giving him my puppy face.

"You owe me a KitKat." I declare while trying to wear the death heels.

Wearing these, just as I tried to stand, I stumbled a little and then tripped and fell on my bum. 

"Ow! Shit" I whine rubbing my back while cursing the heels.

This is what I was talking about. Damn, that hurt. Thank god the room was carpeted otherwise it would have hurt like hell and I would have needed a hip surgery or something.

And Derek the devil he is was standing there full out laughing, holding his stomach, whereas Vivian was trying not to laugh while biting her lower lip but her body was shaking with the suppressed laughter.

Wanting to take revenge, I just pushed my right leg out where that moron was standing and hooked it behind his left knee, and knocked him on his ass.

That made him shut up and Vivian bursts into fits of laughter and seeing him like that I couldn't control myself.

"Hahaha, your face... was hilarious," I said wiping my tears, trying to control my laughter.

He just stuck his tongue out. Such a mature guy. Note the sarcasm.

After some time when all the laughing was over Vivian told us to get up so that she could take some pictures of us.

"Mom, where is my Xbox." Demands a small cute voice from the entrance of the room.

It was James, Vivian's 7-year-old son. He was cute with blonde hair and blue eyes and tall for his age. It was a shame that he never got to meet his father.

"Come here, baby." She motioned James to come in and "doesn't Mahi look pretty today?"

"Yes, Mahi you look very pretty, will you be my girlfriend?" He asked me in his cute voice with a small smirk on his face. Eyed wide I look at him in amazement.

Oh my gosh, where did he learn that? I was surprised that such a small kid would want to have a girlfriend or even think about having one and even more surprised by the way he asked. I should be flattered.

Derek was smirking and Vivian was just as surprised as me but she had that parental love in her eyes, looking at her son. 

"I would love to be your girlfriend, little prince," I say recovering from my momentary lapse kissing his chubby cheeks. He was used to me calling him little prince charming.

"I am going to call Ben and tell him that I have a girlfriend now," he shouts running already halfway out of the room while blushing. Kids.

Vivian had a small smile on her face when I turned around.

"He likes you Mahi," she says "You are good with kids,"

I just smiled, what can I say, I love kids.

"That's why she is going to work as a nanny for my kids" Derek butts in. That idiot.