Chapter-7

Hey guys, Sorry for the delay... Was caught up with exams.

---------------

"Seriously!" I exclaimed frustrated, trying to get out of Max's hold, who was now dragging me. No, no almost carrying me, away from Keeth.

To clear the confusion, Keeth is or was the guy who was flirting with me and gave me his number, the one who ran into me. That one. He was cute, definitely but he was younger than me and I was just being polite.

After being called old, Max had definitely become more grumpy than he already was. If that was even possible.

And to quote Max "I am responsible if anything happens, so I am just looking out for you. "

"How? By dragging me away from Keeth?." I asked irritated. His legs were long, and I had to basically jog to keep up. If he wasn't holding be my the waist I would have sat somewhere to take some must-needed rest.

"Hmmm," Was all he said in response, which just irritated me more. I have this bad habit where I just couldn't let things go. I always had to get a response back otherwise I just couldn't keep calm. It bugs me.

"And why do you even remember his name? ha? Do you like him?" He asked me in an accusing tone. WHAT, who does he think he is?

Angered, I just kicked him in the shins when he finally stopped walking but what I didn't see was, the two idiots standing right behind us, watching all the drama and just laughing. So me being the generous person that I am, also kicked D in the shin and went off in a random direction. You know, buy one get one free.

I was now alone but not lonely, mind you. I just watched the children and families enjoying themselves. Kids eating, screaming, crying, whining, the school gangs and the couples kissing, cuddling, eating, laughing. This was life. This was all I wanted to experience on my own.

Just as I was about to go on a ride alone this time, someone pulled me back, a hand covering my mouth, between the space of two stalls. My heart thudded painfully against my chest at the sudden attack. It was already dark outside so I couldn't see who it was, but it was definitely a guy and my heart was now ready to jump out of my chest. Nobody would even hear me if I shouted for help.

"You shouldn't run away like that love, it's not safe." The attacker whispered, his shallow breaths hitting my face. His tall figure was hovering over mine, blocking any other view.

I sighed in relief. It was Max and he was standing so freaking close to me, his body half hunched over mine, I could only make out his eyes and nothing else. Being so close to him was affecting my brain functions as I could feel the pull between us. It was impossible to think properly. I should be angry with him right now, but I couldn't make up my mind.

I could even smell his aftershave, which proved that he was standing too close. He was evading my personal zone. And my god did he smell good. And as a matter of fact, everyone knew that I am allergic to perfumes and colognes, so if I say he smelt amazing then he smelt amazing, no questions asked.

I didn't have any side effects, no sneezing, no headaches, no watery eyes, nope nothing nada. I loved this smell.

"Did you think you could get away from me?" he questioned me, heatedly breathing near my ear so I could hear every intake of his breath and feel it on me when he exhaled.

"I... I " I stuttered. F**k I never stutter in front of a guy. I never did before.

"Hmm... That's what I thought. Next time think twice before pulling a stunt like that again, darling." he called me darling and the way the r rolled of his tongue. Oh my god, I could just eat him up.

Shit! Bad thoughts, bad thoughts, I need to scold myself for thinking like that. My inner romance novel freak is making an appearance. Again.

"Uh-uh, " was all I could say because his hands were now holding the back of my neck, with his thumb slowly rubbing my lower lip.

"Baby, Baby girl where are you? come out, daddy got you something." I could hear D shouting for me now. Which finally pulled me out of my mushy state and was enough to kick start my brain.

"I think we should go back, D is looking for me," I whispered hoarsely. Super, now he could see how much I was affected by him. Note the sarcasm. But wait, what did D mean by daddy?

"I think he can wait, but this can't," Max whispered, closing the small gap that was between us.

His hands snaked around my waist gong straight to my back pocket. I gasped looking at him in surprise, What is he trying to do?

With a small squeeze to my backside, he takes out the small note, which Keeth had given me before Max dragged me away. It was the boy's number.

"Wha--?" My mouth hung open, as Max tore the small piece of paper into smaller pieces.

 "Now, we can go," he says happily, throwing it away and behaving as if nothing strange or serious happened. He turned around took my hand and started walking towards the light stepping amongst the crowd.

Just as we went out in the open, a guy came to me asking if we saw a girl named Mahi. I was about to tell him that, I was Mahi, but  Max tugged at my hand and stopped me. He wanted to know the whole story.

So then the guy told us to find her because the girl was missing and her 'Daddy' whose name apparently was Derek was looking out for her desperately.

Max standing behind me started chuckling, even before I could understand what the actual fudge was going on. It took me a minute or so to understand that, that dumb ass told everyone here that his child had gone missing and that he is my father. He was acting like a desperate dad and these poor people believed him. He is such a devil in disguise.

 As we neared the staging area I could see D putting on a great show, his head on his boyfriend's shoulder, body slightly shaking as if crying for his lost child. Such a drama queen. Holding onto his boyfriend for support, his acting skills were top-notch. I don't understand how Seb agreed to this. He was supposed to be the mature responsible one.

There were people genuinely trying to help him here. He is such an idiot. Now because of him, people are looking out for me having fallen for his act, instead of enjoying themselves. If anybody got to know that it was all a lie, then he would be in deep trouble.

When he saw me coming towards him, he silently took me out, near to the parking area. I knew he was scared of me because he saw the look on my face and I could see his eyes slightly widen due to fear. Good, he should be afraid. He shouldn't have lied to everyone like that. I hated practical jokes like these. I am all up for fun but only if it was just fun.

"Oh, come on baby girl it's not a big deal. It was just for fun, you know. Where were you hiding anyway?" D questioned me while giving me a teddy and chuckling lightly. He knew, he saved himself.

And just like that, all was forgotten, no bad blood between us, coz he knew I loved soft toys. I hugged the teddy wrapping myself around it like a snake. 

"Nowhere. Now let's go home before people come out looking for you." I said looking back at the chaos he made, avoiding his question.