Chapter-3

"I am bored," I whisper whined in Derek's ear, just as we reached the entrance of the event.

"We are not even inside, yet," he mutters irritated under his breath, with a fake smile on his face. He knew I was exaggerating, but I just wanted to go back already.

Everything was so elegant here, soo beautiful that it was making me anxious. These things were not my scene. Everyone here was soo posh and the girls, don't even get me started on that. If I thought I looked pretty then, I had a different thing coming for me altogether. Every man here had tall beautiful ladies hanging around them. Everyone was gorgeous, especially the men. I would spend my whole evening giving marks to all the suited men here. I already knew it.

As we continued walking inside I was admiring the view around me, looking at the decorations, especially the roses. I loved roses.

And I was being dragged around by Derek, so I wasn't really paying attention to where we were going, trusting him to take care of me. As a result of my blind trust in him, I ended up running straight up into a hard wall. Bumping my nose into it hard. 

"Omff! " Air whooshed out of my mouth with my nose hurting and my eyes started to water. I blinked continuously to stop the tears from ruining my makeup. I really wanted to hit Derek for this, he could have warned me beforehand. That could have saved me from getting hurt and the humiliation if people had seen me.

"D you are dead, now," I grit out, glaring at him. "You could have warned me about the wall!. "

Thank the lord that I didn't fall flat on my ass again with these killer stilettos. That would have been more embarrassing in front of these people.

"I..." Derek stuttered, half scared half amused.

"Ahem! " A manly smooth cough interrupts us. 

Up until now, I was soo busy cursing Derek that I hadn't noticed the arms around my waist. I never moved an inch from my position so from when did walls start having hands? I am missing something here. 

I follow the arms attached to a body of some muscular body and I look up immediately.

"Oh... Shit!" I cursed myself scrunching my eyes tightly in embarrassment. I was soo involved in glaring and blaming Derek that I didn't even realize that I had run into an actual human being. A well-built man, to be more specific.

"I am soo sorry," I apologized looking up at his face whilst trying to scramble out of his stronghold. I was more than embarrassed for not noticing him sooner. A man so beautiful and well built like him deserved more attention and eyes on him.

And he was soo tall, as a giant compared to my small height. I didn't even reach his shoulders with my heels on. I was like his baby sister, standing in front of him like that. or maybe I could be like the cute little girlfriend.

I sigh inwardly, scolding myself for the stupid dream.

Coming back to him though, I could write an essay on just his appearance. He was soo beautifully handsome with his head full of black-brown hair dark, dark blue eyes, straight nose, plump reddish lips, and chiseled jaw. He had a muscular body, with bulging biceps but not as if he was on steroids or something. My description of him won't even do him any justice. He looked that good. A real gorgeous, hot piece of an ass.

I was jealous of him though, not because of his body but because he had plump lips unlike my small thin lips and he was also white, I mean he had a lighter complexion than me. Not that I was complaining about mine. I loved how I am now, only I wanted to get taller a little, or maybe have full lips or, or just a tad bit brighter complexion. That's all I ask for. Otherwise, I love myself.