° 01 °

December sixth was the day that Dani was done with her final exam. She felt relieved. However, she hadn't felt always relieved on December the sixth. Three years ago she actually called December the sixth the worst day of her life. She fell asleep feeling like the luckiest girl in the world, but of course, that couldn't last long. 

The night before was prom night. A night she actually was excited about. She didn't had a date or anything, but no one from her friend group did, and most important; Daniel, her best friend, also didn't had a date. Which meant she could spend all her time with him that night. Dani and Daniel became best friends when they only were small toddlers. She was two and a quarter and he was three when they became best friends. They shared a nickname and that was enough reasons for them to become best friends. Daniel always got called Dan or even Danny on some occasions, and Daniëlle never was called by her real name. Only her mother used her real name. Daniëlle always got called Dani. Dan if they wanted to use even a shorter name for her. Growing up they were unseparated. They lived in the same street, which made things easier to sneak to each other once they got into their teenage stage. However, Dani always kept one secret from Dan. She had the biggest crush on him once she got to her teenage stage and found out about the whole love thing. She never reacted on those feelings as she thought her friendship with him was too important to ruin. That changed on prom night.

When Daniel picked Dani up from her house in a suit her feelings for him started to react immediately. He looked good in a suit. Handsome. But she wasn't the only one that had those feelings. When Kurt, Dani's brother, had opened the door for Daniel he expected the cliché thing to happen where Dani would walk downstairs from the stairs and he would look at her with wide eyes and an open mouth, because she would look like a princess. But that didn't happen. Kurt had yelled from in front of him to his sister that Daniel had arrived and was waiting for her. And she just came half jogging from the kitchen Daniel knew all too well, into the hallway with her dog, Terry, running after her. She had her heels in her hands, but that wasn't something Daniel had noticed first about her. She had a long gala dress on which ended on the floor and therefore she almost tripped on it. It looked very clumsy, but that's what Daniel loved about her. 
'Have fun idiot,' Kurt had said in an amused tone to her sister after he saw her trip over her dress and as he rolled his eyes he walked away from the two lovebirds as he always called them when they weren't there to hear him say that.
'Can't believe I'm already making a fool of myself and I haven't even put these once on!' Dani laughed as she showed Daniel the high heels that she picked out with her mom. Daniel slowly showed his big smile that took over his whole face as he helped Dani balance so she could put on her high heels. Daniel was relieved but not surprised that Dani still wasn't taller as him with those high heels on. The whole week leading on to this night she had been teasing him that she might be taller than him with her high heels. Which was nothing wrong with if she actually was, but he liked it that she was smaller then him. 
'You've been making a fool of yourself as long as I've known you,' Daniel grinned as Dani was done putter her shoes on. She looked at him and hit him playfully on his shoulder. 
'That was the moment you should've told me I wasn't making a fool of myself,' Dani said back and gave him a pouty face as an extra respond. He laughed and shook his head.
'Does your mom wants to take pictures of us?' he asked her, ignoring the comment she had made seconds ago. Dani couldn't help but roll her eyes as she knew her mother was already waiting with her camera in her hand. 
'Yeah, but if we go now we could escape it,' Dani had said, already taking Daniel's hand and making herself ready to make a run for it. Unfortunately for her, her mother heard her and called for them immediately. 

'Not so fast Daniëlle, you promised me those pictures of the two of you. Come to the back, I want you guys with the sea as background,' her mom already walked out of the hallway with her camera close in her hands. Dani had sighed while Daniel looked amused at her. He came closer with his mouth and started to whisper something in her ear.
'We have to work on your escape tactics,' His breathing tickled against her ear as he had whispered the sentence close to her side. She tried to ignore the fact that he was standing so close to her and instead give him another playful push against his shoulder. 
'Let's just get this over with,'