° 30 °

The morning after Dani woke up with the same headache as she got when she woke up from Daniel's call. Other than that she felt a little bit better in general. She knew she was going to talk to Daniel somewhere in the next few hours and that made her feel much better. Also, Imogen would come back today, which made her also a little bit more excited. She had missed her only real girl-friend and they had a lot to talk about when she gets back. Dani decided that a shower might make her headache go away, which it didn't at the end. But she felt a little bit fresher than before. When she got back to her room, she found out she had a text message waiting for her from Daniel. Her lips started to curl up as she looked at the text.

From Daniel:
Hey, are you up yet? Can I call you? Let me know.

Instead of texting him back she facetimed him and sat down on her chair at her little desk. He picked up pretty fast with a smile placed on his face.
'Hey! You look a lot better.' Daniel smiled. Dani let out a small laugh from embarrassment and looked down for a little bit.
'Yeah... sorry about last night.' she apologised, looking back at her screen.
'No, don't apologise! I know how you feel. I miss you also a lot.' Daniel gave her a confident smile. 'I actually have some great news to tell you, which I wanted to tell you a phone call earlier, but yeah..'
'Great news?' Dani repeated as she looked curious to her screen, to Daniel.
'Yeah. Although I heard Sam almost spoiled it at the airport to you.' Daniel looked away from his phone to someone. Dani guessed it was Sam he was looking at with raised eyebrows. She couldn't help but smile at that. At least smiling was something she could still do, even after last night.
'He did? What was it then?' she asked.
'I want you to come to the race in Melbourne.' Daniel said after he looked back to the screen.
'Oh my god, really?' Dani's face lit up.
'It's my home race, of course I want you to be there. If it was up to me you would be travelling to all the races, but I know. I know, you can't because of school.' Daniel smiled. 'My plan was first to go to visit you before the Melbourne race, but now it turns out I can't go to Australia early. Otherwise, I would've told you then to go with me to the race. I had such a great plan in my head also. Surprising you in Adelaide and just dragging you with me to Melbourne. But no, the team want me to stay a bit longer here. But you come, right?' Daniel kept on talking and explaining.
'Uhm, yeah. Duh.' Dani laughed but stopped as her head started to hurt from the laughter. 

Dani's mood went only up higher and higher as she kept on talking with Daniel for a while. It was a long conversation, but that's what Dani had needed. It wasn't until Imogen walked into their room that Dani had to say goodbye to him and greet her roommate.
'Who was that you were talking with?' Imogen asked curiously as she wobbled her eyebrows playfully.
'That was Daniel.' Dani said as her cheeks started to burn up out of nowhere. Imogen's eyes got big.
'Wait, the Daniel?' Dani started to laugh and nod. 'Oh my god, Dani! We have a lot to talk about.'
'Well, you were the one that had no connection with your phone.' Dani laughed as she sat back down on her chair where she had been sitting at for the whole time when she was talking with Daniel.
'Yeah yeah, glad to be back and being able to call anyone I want again.' Imogen rolled her eyes with a laugh and put her suitcase on her bed. 'Why haven't you unpacked yet?'
'Oh.' Dani looked busted at her suitcase. Maybe she had talked enough about last night. It wasn't worth mentioning anymore, right? 'I was very tired last night.' she decided to say.
'I could imagine with sharing a plane with Finn and Oliver. Connor, on the other hand, slept the whole trip like a princess.' Imogen grinned. Dani nodded and smiled too. She was glad she didn't have to talk about yesterday again.
'Now, what did I miss with your Daniel guy? Didn't you hate him when we left from here?' Imogen smirked. She couldn't wait to hear this story. She heard a little bit from Connor about it, but only the things Oliver and Finn had shared.
'It's a long story, You sure you don't want to start first with your holiday?' Dani smiled.
'Oh hell no. We talk about me later, you're first.' Dani rolled her eyes but grinned as she started to tell the whole story about Daniel and her.

'You look very happy.' Imogen finally said after hearing the story.
'I am happy.' Dani said. She didn't count what happened last night, because currently, she was a very happy and lucky girl. Imogen suddenly started hugging Dani tightly and she sighed.
'I'm so happy for you.' Imogen said against her shoulder. Dani smiled and hugged her back.
'It's harder then I thought though.' She finally confessed to her friend. Imogen looked at her curiously as she stepped out of the hug.
'What do you mean?'
'He's going to be away a lot. And I'm missing him more than I thought.' She was going to talk about it again. Imogen shrugged and gave her friend a confident smile.
'That's what you get in some relationships. But it's only one school year and after that, you can follow him everywhere you want. I think... hearing you talk about him you two are going to make it, easily. Trust me.' Imogen said, putting her hand on Dani's shoulder.
'You think?' Dani asked with shining eyes.
'Oh, I'm sure. But I do have to meet him before you two tying the knot.' Imogen joked but sounded very serious about it. Dani snorted.
'Oh you will and you will like him. Even Finn loves him now.'
'Yeah, I heard about that.' Imogen laughed. 'Now.. shall I talk about my, compared to you boring, holiday?' Dani nodded at her friend and with a smile started to listen to her story. She was glad to have Imogen by her side again. She really needed her after all of this.