° 31 °

For Dani school had started and she was glad it had started. It was her last year which meant that school wasn't going to slow down with them. She got a lot of work to distract her and it was that much that she actually didn't really have time for Daniel. But she had a good solution for that. She just combined doing her school work with facetiming Daniel. Sometimes it worked really well and sometimes well... not so much. But Dani felt happier now that she was distracted with school, but also because she had to look forward to Melbourne, which came sooner than she thought. On the Monday that she flew to Melbourne, she first went to school for a few hours before packing her stuff and when it was time to go Finn brought her to the airport at four in the afternoon.

'You must be excited to see him again, hmm?' Finn had asked in the car. Dani had nodded heavily while her smile wasn't going anywhere at the moment. She was so excited for seeing Daniel again tonight that even flying alone, which she hated, wasn't any problem to her anymore. Finn had said goodbye to her when they had checked in. She wanted Finn there only to be sure that she was at the right spot and all.

'Tell Daniel hi from us all and that he needs to stop texting me to ask how you're doing. He's really annoying.' Finn had said with a big smile. Dani was still amazed at how all of a sudden a game of paintball could change the relationship between those two boys. She loved it.

'I will.' Dani had grinned before really saying goodbye to Finn and walking to customs. It took another two hours until she finally had boarded and sat down on her chair next to the window on the airplane. She had put on her headphones after they've been flying in the air for a while and dreamed away. Dani was already imagining when she finally would see Daniel again at the airport where he would pick her up. She really couldn't wait. Not now that she had been waiting for weeks. She really wanted to see Daniel again. Being hugged by him tightly against his body, kiss every part of his face to show who he belonged too and to just be around him again for a whole week. She couldn't even believe she was going skipping a whole week of school for this, but it was worth it. And she had great friends that would keep her up to date with everything.

When Dani had landed safely on the ground again and she had picked up her suitcase it was an hour later. She knew Daniel was patiently waiting for her in the same building and that created a funny feeling in her stomach. Like butterflies flying around as some would describe it. She walked with the crowd to the arrival hall and looked around her to find Daniel as fast as possible. She had to call him, but when she had put her phone to her ear she suddenly saw him. He was taking his phone out and right when he wanted to answer his phone she clicked the call away and sprinted with her suitcase behind her to him and gave him the biggest hug she could give him. Daniel reacted immediately by taking her feet off the ground and hugging her back.

'Dani,' he sighed happily. She looked for his eyes and smiled brightly when she found them. Her eyes only just rolled to his lips for a second or Daniel had placed them needly on hers. 'God, I missed you.'

'I missed you too.' Dani told Daniel while he put her back down to the ground. They left the airport hand in hand and even in Daniel's car he kept her hand in his.

In Daniel's hotel room he let her first have a shower and recover a little bit from the flight she had until he took her out to dinner. Something he was dying to do so. They only just walked out of the lift hand in hand or Daniel had already seen someone and wanting to introduce them to Dani. It was mostly some of Daniel's team that Dani got introduced to. They were only just a few people that Dani got introduced to, but Dani was glad to be alone with Daniel when they were in the restaurant. They ordered their food and enjoyed each others company.
'How's school?' Daniel asked as he sipped on his drink they just got.
'Busy, but I think that's a good thing for me.' Dani answered with a smile. Daniel took her hand in his and rested it on the table. He locked eyes with hers.
'I'm glad you're here with me.' he said as his thumb was caressing the back of Dani's hand. The corners of Dani's lips curled even wider up.
'Me too.' she sighed out of happiness. 'When are Grace and Joe coming?' Dani asked as she knew his parents travelled to a few of his races and Melbourne was definitely on the planning.

'They will be arriving on Friday morning. I think.' Daniel answered. Dani nodded. Dani was glad that his parents were coming too. Not only because she missed them too, but also because she knew she was going to feel overwhelmed with the Formula One world. And with Daniel having a busy schedule because of it being his home race, she was glad to have his parents as company. The food that they ordered came faster than they both first thought but neither of them didn't mind that. It was already around nine in the evening and with all that travelling, Dani was very hungry. The rest of the evening they spent in their hotel room. They had a lot of catching up to do and the last thing they both wanted was to be around other people apart from themselves. 

---
A/N: Last two chapters in sight. 😥 But either tomorrow (Friday) or Saturday I will be uploading my new Daniel story. So if you want to keep reading my stuff you can.