chapter six

florence stood in the courtyard with an umbrella in hand. no one had come out yet for dad's memorial, but she made sure she had some alone time out there.

she needed time to take everything in.

her father.

ben.

and now five?

she stood looking at ben's stone statue. she sighed as she read what it said at the bottom.

ben hargreeves
may the darkness within you find peace in the light.

she wished that he could still be here.

she wished she could see him again.

florence would do anything to hear his voice again, to feel his hugs again.

she really did miss him.

the door opened that separated the outdoors from the indoors. everyone came piling out, all with umbrellas except for diego and luther. she waiting until everyone was out before joining their semi circle. luther was stood in the middle

"did something happen?" the sibling's mom said with a smile on her face.

beside florence, klaus stood lighting a cigarette. beside klaus, was the man-boy she had gotten mad at, not even two hours ago.

"dad died, remember?" allison confirmed with their clueless mother.

florence was too busy looking at five to hear the conversation that was happening.

nothing had changed about him.

same nose.

same eyes.

same hair.

same jawline.

five turned his head to look at florence, only to be met with her eyes. he gave her a soft smile that she then returned.

florence faced back to where everything was happening. pogo had joined the semi circle, telling luther to spill the ashes when he was ready.

luther nodded his head and took a few small steps forward. he opened up the ash pot and let them fall to the leafy, muddy ground.

beside five and flo, klaus' face pretty much summed up the anticlimactic ending to the ash spreading.

"probably would've been better with some wind." luther said afterwards.

everyone was silent. the only thing that was heard was the rain.

"does anyone wish to speak?" pogo asked.

klaus took a puff of his cigarette whilst diego's face was emotionless. he definitely was not going to be saying anything to honour the man who raised him.

"very well." pogo continued after a few moments of silence, a sorry smile on his face.

"in all regards..."

florence zoned out. although this was a sad moment, she enjoyed being all together with her siblings (minus ben).

the time that they had together was special when they were younger, fighting crimes or not.