chapter fourteen

"i found something yesterday on these tapes that pogo showed me. mom was there when dad was dying," allison trailed off.

florence had woken up early that morning and went straight to five's room, only to find that he wasn't there.

she decided that there was no point in looking for him as he could've been anywhere. so, instead, she went to allison's room, in hope of spending more time with her sister.

"do you really think that mom is capable to doing something like that?" she asked as allison tied the hair band on florence's first french braid.

"i have no idea," allison moved onto the next french braid.

"i feel like we haven't spent much time together. i know that we weren't that close when we were younger, but i missed you a lot, al," florence looked at allison through the vanity mirror. allison looked back at her and smiled, "i missed you too, sis."

allison paused for a second before a smirk became visible on her face, "so, what's the deal between you and five?"

"what do you mean?" florence asked nervously, "i have no idea what you're talking about."

"don't give me that. i grew up with both of you, remember?" florence sighed in defeat.

"well, nothing's really happening. just a few moments here and there. i can't deny that he's one of the cutest, kindest, funniest and caring people i know and we get along really well." florence tried to put her head down, but it was yanked back up by allison because it would ruin the braid. she was being deadly honest with her sister. florence knew that she could trust allison.

"surely that means something, right?" allison asked with a sad smile.

"i guess so. enough about me and five, what about you? did you finally get over luther?" florence giggled.

"oh, shut up."

"what? from what i remember, you two were very close."

"things change, flo. i moved out of here as soon as i could. i got my acting career, a husband and a daughter. although, things didn't quite work between me and patrick. we got a divorce and he got custody of claire." florence was shocked about what she was hearing.

"what happened?"

"same thing that always happens. i made a wish and i couldn't take it back."

"i'm so sorry, al."

"you know, i would love for you to meet her some day. i would always tell her that you were like bucky when he was frozen in wakanda." allison smiled at the memories.

"who the hell is bucky?" florence asked in confusion.

"of course, you have no idea what i'm on about." allison chuckled as she tied the second hair band around the finished braid.

"claire sounds amazing. i may have never met her, but if you're her mom then she's going to grow up into a strong woman." florence span around in the spinny chair to face her sister. allison smiled at florence's comment.

"thank you, flo. i just really want to see her again." she sat down on her bed and played with her hands that were sat in her lap.

"the court is saying that i have to do this mandatory therapy thing before they even consider visitation."

"you used your powers on her?"

"can we talk about this another time? i already had to explain this to luther and it wasn't easy then," allison said with a forced smile.

"of course. thanks for doing my hair by the way, it looks really good." florence admired her hair in the mirror, tilting her head to either side to get a better view.

"that's what sisters are for," allison said and came up to hug florence.

"what are we going to do about mom?"

it wasn't allison who answered. instead, luther's voice boomed for the doorway.

"i think we should call a family meeting. we shouldn't decide anything without everyone's input," luther said.

"is everyone in the house?" allison asked.

"five and vanya aren't here. me and klaus were about to go and get five. are you two able to get vanya?"

"of course. we'll be back in a bit." florence smiled at luther.

she was a bit disappointed that she wasn't able to be the one who went to find five.

"allison? flo?" vanya spotted her two sisters walking towards her and leonard.

"hey, vanya," florence replied for  both of them, stopping in front of their sister and a mystery man.

"leonard, these are my sisters, florence and allison," vanya said, introducing the girls.

"hey, i know you..." florence turned out of allison and leonard's conversation and focused her attention on vanya. she seemed upset.

"are you okay?" she asked her vanya quietly.

she just slightly nodded with a forced smile.

"you two were in that umbrella thing, weren't you?" leonard said. florence poiltely nodded at him, not in the mood for a conversation.

florence felt her phone buzz in her pocket.

five isn't budging. pls go and get him and bring him to the house. he's on the corner of meritech prosthetics inside a plumbing van. L

"i'm sorry, i've got to go. i'll see you back at the house," she aimed towards her sisters, then turned towards leonard, "it was nice to meet you." before he could reply, she was off down the road.

it didn't take florence long to reach the van that luther had said five would be in.

she tapped on the window.

five looked surprised to see her there. he unlocked the passenger door and florence jumped in.

"what are y-, you can't be here!" five said, panicked.

"i don't care." florence shrugged her shoulders whilst turning on the heater. "i thought klaus and luther came to get you? why didn't you go with them?"

"they did come to get me. klaus got annoying so we kicked him out of the van. but, this is way more important than a family meeting. i'm saving lives, baby," five said leaning back and kicking his feet up on the dashboard.

"well, they think that mom helped to kill dad or some shit like that. what are you even doing here? and where on earth did you get this van?" florence questioned him.

five snorted, "i wouldn't be surprised if mom killed dad. she sure had reasons to. and, if you must know, i'm waiting for the guy that we talked to yesterday. i think he knows more than he's letting on. something just doesn't add up." he shook his head and looked towards florence.

"and the van?"

"i stole it off some guy. nice space in here though," five said, turning around to look at the back of the van.

"great. i'll wait with you."

"okay then."

"you're actually letting me? wow, i was thinking i would have to put up a fight."

"i enjoy your company."

florence smiled at him, "i know you do." she moved her back to the window and kicked her feet onto five's lap.

"so, what can we do to pass the time?" she innocently asked him.

with a cheeky grin on his face, five replied,

"well, i sure have a few ideas."

sorry i haven't updated much today. i woke up at 12 and then watched the football (soccer) and rugby. i'll try to get another chapter out later tonight. thanks for reading!