chapter seven

"it was hard, you know. not knowing how to get home. i tried everything, i really did." five began to explain to florence.

she was wrapped up in a blanket and they were sat on the couch in front of the blazing fire, just like five had said. they didn't sit too close to each other, both afraid that the other wouldn't like it.

"i believe you. it must've been so hard without anyone. what did you do? you said you were there for forty-five years."

"well, at first i was wandering around. eating bugs and anything i could find. until a few years later, i became apart of an organisation. i was technically a hitman - i would be given a name, find them and kill them. but, we had an advantage that no ordinary hitman had. we had timetravel." five told florence. "i know, i know. it was my own fault that i got there. i overestimated my powers. i should've listened to the old man. although, one thing about the future... it's shit." five told florence.

she let out a little giggle.

"i've missed you, five. a lot." florence gave him the smile that he had been craving to see for forty-five years. she shuffled a bit closer to him, stretching out as she did. "do you mind?" florence said, implying that she needed to stretch her legs out.

five gave her a small smile, "of course not, flossie."

florence placed her legs over his lap and he put a hand on her knee.

"you know, i wasn't lying when i said i thought about you everyday."

"everyday?" florence asked, raising an eyebrow. she didn't believe that she could be that important to someone. after all, her birth mother did sell her.

"yes, everyday. why do you find that so hard to believe?" five chuckled.

"i didn't realise you cared about me that much. that's all." florence looked away from his green eyes.

"you mean the world to me, floss. you always have and you always will."

five quickly changed the subject in fear that he was making this awkward for her.

"it's sort of nice to know that dad never forgot about me," he said whilst nodding his head towards the large photo that hung in front of them above the fireplace.

"well, when i came out from under the ice, one of my first questions was if you had come back yet." florence let out a small laugh.

"under the ice?" five's brow furrowed in confusion.

"didn't someone tell you?"

"were they supposed to?"

"seriously, even your dumbass should be able to notice that i still look thirteen whilst the others are nearly thirty," florence giggled at five's confusion.

"wait... oh yeahhh," five dragged out his 'h' sound. he'd only just realised. guess he was just too caught up with everything to notice that anything was different.

"you're so stupid sometimes," florence was properly laughing now.

"that's not a very nice thing to say," five put a hand on his heart, acting offended. it was these sorts of times that he had missed.

"okay, okay fine! i'll explain what happened." florence stopped giggling.

"finally, thank you."

"a few months after you had left, my illness started to get worse. i could barely use my powers. heck, i could barely even get up. father took me into a room one day and told me his plan to preserve my body until he could find a cure. i was frozen in a cyro-tube until yesterday. i'm eternally grateful for dad's plan. without him, i wouldn't be here."