chapter twenty five

"whatever, here's the plan-"

"plan?" five questioned diego.

diego was sat in the drivers seat with five beside him. allison and florence were in the back. they were parked up outside of the police station.

"i literally just did this yesterday."

"weren't you sucking the handler's dick yesterday?" florence narrowed her eyes at five.

five chose to ignore her comment, "my yesterday. not your yesterday."

both allison and florence rolled their eyes and looked out of the window.

diego exited the car and headed towards the back of the station whilst the other three remained seated.

"can we go somewhere? i think i need to make a call," allison asked.

"sure," florence gave her a smile and opened the car door, allison and five did the same.

allison lead five and florence to a pay phone and started to dial a number. the two gave her some space and stood up against the building that they were stood by.

five threw his arm around florence's shoulders and she lent into his side.

"do you think that things will work out?"

"i mean, i didn't blow up the commission for nothing," five let out a small laugh.

"seriously though?"

"i can't promise anything flossie, but i think this may work. what i can promise though, is that i'll be with you throughout everything."

florence looked up at five and put her arms around his neck from his side. she brushed her lips gently up against five's jawline.

"you're amazing, you know."

"oh baby, everyone knows that," he smirked.

allison put the phone down and diego appeared from around the corner. five and florence both straightened up.

diego pulled out a file and allison snatched it out of his hands. she started to flick through it. florence stood next to her so that she could see what was in the file.

a photo of harold jenkins was attached with a paper clip. allison's eyes widened and florence's eyebrows furrowed together.

"holy shit."

"i've seen this guy before."

"that's because," allison turned the file around so that five and diego could see the photo, "harold jenkins is leonard peabody."

"that's the guy who was in the house this morning." diego stated.

"yeah, and he's also the guy who vanya is with," allison said.

florence's eyes filled with worry, "is vanya in danger?"

"i don't know, but we should probably find out. come on, we should go to his house."

"and how do we know where his house is?" diego asked.

"because i've been there before."

"be careful, okay?" allison announced to the others as they got out of the car. florence stayed a bit behind diego and allison and grabbed five's hand to keep him back.

"don't go disappearing on me again. please."

"cross my heart and hope to die," five held his hands up in surrender and gave florence a speedy peck.