Chest Infection (Kidfic Niall)

Again. This is a story I don't like but I decided to publish it anyway since the last one wasn't as bad as I thought. 1949 words.

Liam - 25 - Daddy
Niall - 6

Liam was a normal 25 years old young adult. But he had a full time job. Taking care of a special needs child. Well. Niall wasn't really a special needs child. But he was a child who needed special treatment.

Liam watched Niall playing on a playground near their house. 6 month ago he could never imagine seeing Niall playing somewhere since he adopted him. He saved his life. Niall lived in an abusive family. He barely got food.  He never got potty trained. He got hit. Nobody cared about him. Liam knew how it must have felt. He had abusive parents aswell. But he lived with them until he was 16. He had lost contact with his mother after his parents got divorced when he was two years old, so he practically never met her. He lived with his father. When he was 16 he managed to find his mother and move away from his father.

Niall had fortune in misfortune. Due to several  chest infections the boy got rushed to the hospital, where his parents got caught abusing him.

Liam remembered having Niall at home for the first time. Niall couldn't talk a single word, he couldn't walk, he wouldn't eat. But since that day, they had a special bond. Liam could cry everytime while thinking about their first days together.

Niall made a lot of progress in the last 6 month.  He started talking, eating regularly and walking. Liam knew that Niall was extremely intelligent. The only thing that didn't really want to work was potty training but Liam knew he will manage it soon.

"Dada!" Niall called for him. He had climed up on a little platform, only three foot above the ground. "Dada down!"  Niall called again, this time screaming for him. He was afraid to go down alone. Liam looked closer and saw that Niall was crying. He quickly rushed over to his boy and lifted him up "Its fine Ni". He rubbed his back, trying to calm Niall down. He got odd looks from people around. Niall was crying so heavily that he nearly had a panicattack in Liams arms.

Liam frowned, it was normal that Niall had breakdowns quite often but not that bad. "Home" Niall mumbled, he was in a mood all day so Liam decided to go home with him, not wanting to upset him even more. Liam carried him home, talking to him the whole way back without getting answers. Even though Niall was 6 years old, he had the weight and hight from a 4 year old. Niall had his head on Liams shoulder. Liam knew he needed a lot of attention.

Out of nowhere Niall started coughing. Liam just patted his back a little, thinking that he only had swallowed in the wrong moment. After a few seconds Niall had stopped again so Liam asked "You okay Buddy?" But as expected he didn't get an answer. He shrugged it off since the boy seemed fine and went home.

He fumbled with the key on the door since he had Niall on his arm. After a few moments he unlocked the door and went inside. He was about to sat Niall down so they could take off the shoes and jackets. "No.." Nialls grip on Liams jacket tightened. "Buddy I need to take our shoes off"  Liam frowned and tried to sat him down again. "Nooo!" The little boy started crying. Liam frowned worried "Fine fine" he sat down with Niall on his lap and took first Nialls shoes off and than his own. After he was done with the shoes he helped Niall out of his jacket and then tried to take off his own with Niall on his lap. "Niall you need to let go from my jacket." Liam frowned. "NO!" Niall teared up. Liam was confused over Nialls behaviour. He sighed and let his jacket on.

Niall was a clingy child for sure and he needed a lot of comfort but not as much as during that day. Liam still only thought that he had a bad day. "Niall? Can you tell daddy if you did a wee while we were out?" Liam asked and patted Nialls bum. Niall frowned and thought for a moment "Did". Niall whispered quietly, not letting go from Liam. "Thanks for telling me Buddy" Liam praised him and carried him upstairs into his room. Changing him now was going to be a nightmare but he laid him on the changing table anyway. He used the moment of Niall letting go from him to take his jacket off.