10: Lights On

This is it.

It's time.

For your biggest dreams.

---

"Ink? Error told me that you wanted me to come over here." You knocked at Ink's room door, waiting for a response through the clashes and soft thuds coming from inside.

"Coming!Coming! I just have to clean the room up a little bit!"

A minute later, Ink opened up the door. He was still in his  rainbow-striped pyjamas.

"Sorry I look a bit weird, I just woke up 30 minutes ago and I have to clean up my messy room." He chuckled sheepishly.

"No, no. You look fine, cute even."  You smiled, Ink's cheeks forming a rainbow tint.

You both kept quiet for a while, before Ink shaking his head and chuckling before holding your wrist tightly. 

"C'mon, let's go inside I have a big surprise for you---agh wait I'm going to-" He vomited out a mouthful of black Ink to the side, avoiding to ink you up. You chuckled as this sudden movement. You're used to this, kind of seen him do this the first time you two met and talked to each other. You also learned back then that he has short term memory loss. How forgetful the painter is. "Excuse me about that. Now, let's go inside." He pulled out in his room and closed the door, it was pretty dark inside.

"Ink? It's really dark here...can you at least turn on the light?"

No response.

"I-Ink???"

"...O-Oh!!! I'm sorry! I just blacked out. What were you telling me again?"

You laugh. "I was asking if you could turn on the light."

"Oh yes! But first..." You felt a piece of fabric cover up your eyes. "You need to be blindfolded, haha!"

"Why do I have to be blindfolded?"

"If you're not blindfolded then you won't get surprised." Ink responds, flicking on the lights. He hummed as he walked around the room and pulled something out and covering it with a soft, white fabric before clasping his two hands together. "There we go." He walked towards your back, holding your shoulders softly which sends a strong sense of heat onto your cheeks. "Now, get ready to see my best surprise yet! Are you ready?"

"Yes, I am truly excited." You smile.

"Okay," He begins to untie the blindfold. "Get to be amazed in three, two, one..!"

...

What was in front of you made your jaw drop.

In front of you is a large beautiful painting, but here's the good part:

It was a portrait of you.

"Do you like it? I made it just for you!"

"Omigod, I-Ink..." Your eyes starts to water, not because you're sad, it's because you're happy. How much time he put into this painting just for you, wonder why he spends most of his time in his room, making this piece just for you. You moved your hands to your chest, as you admired the painting. "I...I..."

"Do you h-hate it? Ugh, I knew that I should've put more detail---"

"No, no! It's amazing! I just..."Your cheeks began to warm up. "I can't believe you'd spend your time making this piece just for me...It's so beautiful. T-Thank you, Ink."

Ink gave you a warm smile and a hug. rubbing your back softly. "Heh! You're welcome ____! I enjoyed making this! Especially that it's for a friend! Someone whom I really care about!" He lets go of the hug, his multi-coloured hues meeting your (Eye/Col)s.

"I don't how I could repay you for this..." You looked down. Really care about? Friends? Is that what he really thinks about you? or something more than that?

Your thoughts were cut off as Ink places his hand on your cheek, caressing it softly as he raises his hand up slowly so you can have eye contact with you. He gave you a soft, calm smile. Your cheeks gradually heating up.

"You don't have to repay anything," He replied softly, admiring you.

Suddenly, a slight force began to take over you. You slowly closed your eyes, leaning slowly closer to his face a closing the gap between the both of you.

Closer,

Closer,

Closer...

...

Loud Thumping Noises.

"Ink! You better not be doing sexual shit with ____!" Error continued to knock loudly at the door. Sending you and Ink apart from each others, both blushing and avoiding eye contact from each other. after a few periods of Error knocking, you walked towards the door and opened it. You faced Ink and gave him a nod and mouthed a thank you before walking out, leaving asmiling Ink and a confused Error.