The Kraken Attack

After hearing the screams and wails from outside the captain's cabin of your father's ship, you and Yang got up and immediately got outside to see what was happening. The second you both get outside you see several pirates running around and yelling orders. As you both are walking, some sort of tentacle grabs a nearby crewman and begins to drag them off of the boat. Two others get guns and fire off a few rounds to stop it. Yang arms her gauntlets and charges in. She swings and fires a shotgun round to the middle of the tentacle and damages it.

You glance over and sees lose sword. You run over, grab it and run back to the tentacle and leap up and slash at it, cutting in half and letting the man go. Another tentacle wraps around your waist and begins to pull you away. You begin to stab it but it is useless until a engine sound went off and a long cut severed the tentacle at its base. You fell to the ground and turned around to see Burly had just saved you. He offered you a hand up and you took it. Yang leapt backwards and landed next to you and fired off a few rounds.

Yang: Burly? What the heck is going on?

Burly: I wish I could tell you. Truthfully I do.

You looked around and saw your father by the wheel, barking orders and occasionally firing a pistol round or two at the tentacles.

Burly: Silver and Weiss are heading the below deck defense. Gure is still drunk of his rear so Blake's guarding him.

Yang: And Ruby?

Burly: Eeehhhhh-

Up on the highest deck, Ruby is with her weapon, swinging and firing like a madwoman. You and Yang glanced at one another and just shrugged it off. You began to run back to your sleeping quarters to grab your weapon. As you and Yang were running under the deck, you could see Silver and Weiss hacking and stabbing at a few of those tentacles along with the crewmen. As you were walking, you also slashed at a few more arms that came in from the windows.

Yang walked behind you and fired off shotgun rounds whenever she saw a window. She also grabbed a stick with a lighter on it and lit a cannon before throwing it out the window and blowing it up with her gauntlets. Finally, you kicked down the door to your quarters and saw Gure was passed out on the ground with Blake sitting on his stomach. She turns and fires at two tentacles that were climbing up the ship's sides. Seeing Gure drunk makes you just placed a hand on your face and sighed.

You grabbed your weapon and ran outside the room and began to fire off rounds with Yang as more tentacles began to enter the ship. As you were firing, you converted your shotgun into your hammer and slammed it onto the floor, smashing it and a tentacle. As a piece of wood flies up, Yang grabs it and smashes it down onto another tentacle and kills it. She and you look at one another and run off.

You two battled your way through the ship's interior until you finally reached the outside. There, you saw a majority of the crew were gone, either dead or...well dead. Both you and Yang looked up to see your father firing a few more rounds until he looks at you. He draws his pistol and aims it at Yang and fires. You were about to tackle Yang out of the way until the bullet flew over her and hit a tentacle about to grab her from behind. As you see it, you stab it with the butt of your hammer. Your eyes turn (F/C) and a (F/C) aura generates off of you.

Your father raises an eyebrow in confusion at the sight. Yang also sees this and runs over to you and his you from behind.

Yang: Sh, sh, sh. It's ok. I'm ok. Don't need to freak out.

(Y/N): S-Sorry.

Yang: It's ok. (Pecks your cheek) Let's go. I'm at 23 already.

(Y/N): (Sighs) 18.

Yang: Then you better catch up.

With that, the two of you run off and fire at the tentacles. Ruby and Burly leap past your father and join you and Yang on the ground. The four of you enter into a circle and continue to fight off the tentacle attacks.

Ruby: What is this thing?!

Clay: The Kraken! Ha ha!

Your father leapt forward and attacked a few more tentacles and fired a few more rounds. All your friends turn and look at one another in confusion.

Burly: Your father seems insane.

(Y/N): Explains a lot.

Another large rumble is heard and the water seems to depart from the starboard side of the ship. A large Grimm emerges from the sea, a Kraken Grimm. It roars and continues to unleash it's arms against the ship.

Clay: FIRE! FIRE EVERYTHING WE GOT!!!

Several cannons fire and the Kraken roars in response. Silver and Weiss run from underneath the ship's upper deck. Weiss summons a few glyphs and Silver rolls behind them and fires a few rockets from his launcher. The glyphs amplify the rockets and they hit the Kraken along it's face. Silver then throws his axe at a few more tentacles and onto the skull of the Grimm. Burly runs up and removes the axe before punching the Grimm and backflipping off.

A door kicks open and Blake carries Gure outside. She glances up to the Kraken and fires a few rounds from her pistol. Ruby activates her semblance and begins to run around the Grimm's head and disorients it. She then leaps over it and fires shot after shot from her sniper at the Kraken's head and lands on the ship.

The Kraken roars and brings two of its arms up and smashes it along the ship, cutting it into thirds.

Clay: DAMN! Get to the secondary boats! NOW! (To You) Think you can hold that thing off long enough?

(Y/N): Y-Yeah.

Clay: Atta boy. Get to work!

Your father runs below deck and yells orders while you and your friends fight off that giant squid. Silver fires more rockets at the head while Weiss uses her glyphs to support the rest of her teammates. Blake uses Weiss' time dilation to unleash dozens of cuts and easily wounds the Grimm. Ruby dashes left and right, slicing at arms and shooting at the eyes of the Grimm. You and Yang keep firing off heavy rounds from your weapons while Burly tries his best to defend you all and Gure is still passed out drunk.

You and your friends are constantly being pushed back off of the deck. Your father comes back onto the deck and joins you all in defending the ship. Finally, two more tentacles come down from the Grimm and hit both your father and Yang in their faces. You begin to slowly grow in rage at seeing Yang almost killed. A (F/C) aura surrounds you and you flip around as your semblance activates and you launch a beam directly at the Kraken's skull and shoots right through it, killing it.

The corpse falls forward and crashes into more of the ship. Your friends look on in amazement until your father grabs your arm.

Clay: Come on!

He runs over and grabs Gure and you run to check up on Yang. After making sure she was ok, you saw your father leap off of the ship. You and your friends look at one another and jump after him, all landing in a small boat. Your father grabs an ore as does Silver and Burly and Blake and all three begin to paddle away towards Vacuo.

Clay: Well...it was a good thing I got all that money into a checking account.

Ruby: You guys have banking accounts?

Clay: We're not savages.