Family Reunion

Your mother was more than happy to see you and met your new team and friends while a little hesitant with your father. Regardless, she still got you all some food and drinks and had you seated to relax. You and Yang were seated at a booth under the stairs with Weiss and Silver while Gure was crashing on the couch with Blake and Ruby. Burly, and your parents were seated at the main table.

Mocha: (To Yang) So, your my son's girlfriend?

(Y/N): (To yourself) Mom, please.

Yang: Yep. He's my sweetie.

(Y/N): Please stop.

Both Yang and your mother smile and laugh a little. You sigh and took a drink from the water before you.

Mocha: Well, I am happy to learn that you have adjusted well to your new lifestyle at Beacon. And I am especially thankful that he has a good team and a good group of friends behind him.

Silver: Anytime. (Glances at you) He knows what he's doing. Except that one time-

(Y/N): It was an accident, I swear!

Burly, Silver and Yang laugh as you slowly move over and seemingly hide yourself in Yang's hair. She wraps her arms around you and pecks your cheek.

Mocha: Well, I would like to offer up rooms, but seeing we only have 3 bedrooms not including mine, I don't really know-

Silver: RWBY and (Y/N) can stay here. We're all in agreement there.

Burly: No problem. Gure?!

Gure: Yaggo, smago!

Everyone glanced around in confusion.

Burly: And that was the mistake we were talking about earlier.

Mocha: Well, ok then. Who wants some dinner. I'm sure the nearly 5 hour journey here must've been a struggle.

Everyone of course agreed and thus a meal was to be made. Your house had a picnic table outside so you all decided it would be a good a spot to eat. Your mother began making the dinner with help from both Yang and Ruby. Burly and Silver went out with your dad to get some extra food while you, Blake and Weiss set up the table and got some umbrellas up as well. Gure drank endless water and went to the bathroom a lot, swearing to only eat a few scraps here and there.

Yang was cutting up some carrots while your mom was washing them down. Ruby was placing them all in a boiling pot a few paces down the counter.

Mocha: So, Yang, how is your relationship with my son?

Yang: I'd like to think it's good. I'm happy with it. And, I don't really want it to end. Ever. He's a sweet boy. (Glances back to you) And I know he's not going to leave.

Mocha: Well, you know he was a lot different before he went to Beacon.

Yang: I know. He told me about that day. I still cant believe that could have ever happened to someone. But it did.

Mocha: And the stutter? Are you fine with the stutter?

Yang: Yeah. I actually kinda think it's cute. The plus side is though he has reduced that stutter a lot. Ozpin got him a personal trainer for his semblance control and we were able to take down that thing that killed his old team.

Mocha: You...you actually fought that?

Yang: Well, me, (Y/N), Silver, Ruby, and Raine, but yeah. We fought it, killed it, and gave him some closure. Sure he still beats himself up over that. But I like to think it is part of the healing process.

Mocha: Has he had any other serious issues? Maybe some people at Beacon? Or-or his classes-

Yang: Well, outside of Cardin Winchester, everyone seems to like him. Reports come out, he's rather secretive with his grades so I don't really question him about it. And classes seem fine. He's always in a class with either my team or his own. So, I like to think he's well off.

Mocha: Well, it's always nice to know someone's out there looking out for him.

Yang: Well, it's always nice to know he has more than one person who loves him to death.

Both women laugh a bit to themselves.

Mocha: So, what about you? What's your family like?

Yang: My family? Well, there's Ruby. You...obviously know her.

Ruby dashes towards Yang and climbs up onto her head, wrapping her arms and legs around her sister.

Ruby: I heard my name! What's going on? Who's dead? Why am I doing this? I thought Gure was weird! What's happening?! (Looks at Yang) Hi.

Yang: Off the hair. Also, what was that about Gure?

Ruby: Shut up!

Ruby uses her semblance and dashes off to the outside area. Yang sighs to herself as she places the remaining vegetables into the boiling pot to cook.

Mocha: And the rest of your family?

Yang: Well...it's a bit...messed up.

Mocha: Messed up?

Yang: It's complicated.

Mocha: Oh, I'm sure it cant be that bad.

Yang: Well, my mom abandoned my dad and I. He remarried and my step mom is Ruby's mom. She died around 10 years ago and my uncle is a walking, talking bad luck charm that chooses to live away from us to keep us safe. My dad is over protective and I have basically been a mom since my step mom died and I learned she wasn't even my mom to begin with.

Mocha: Oh...that does sound overly complicated.

Yang: Welcome to my life.

Mocha: Well, I, uh, I hope it gets better for you. But, just know, you can and will always have a home here.

Yang: Thank you. Really, thank you.

Mocha: Now, come on. Let's get eating.

With that, your mother called everyone over to get dinner started. Soup, and salad from your mother, Yang and Ruby. Burly, Silver and your dad got steaks and hotdogs ready as well. You all sat down and had a real nice time. A few jokes were made, especially at the expense of Silver and Weiss, along with a few minutes of story telling from Burly.

Gure did actually eat some food, but slowly began to vomit here and there, making both Ruby and Burly laugh out loud. As you were eating as well, you glanced over at Yang and saw she also had an uncomfortable look on her face whenever your mother made a comment. You knocked on her arm to gain her attention from the main conversations.

(Y/N): Are you ok?

Yang: Yeah. Why?

(Y/N): You just seem...off. A-Are you ok?

Yang: Your mom, was kinda, interrogating me. About our relationship and you? Did I do something wrong or-

(Y/N): She's usually like that. Don't worry about her. She's just...p-paranoid. E-Ever since t-that day. Y-You know.

Yang: Yeah. Does she-does she hate me?

(Y/N): No. Note at all.  At least not from what I can tell. Don't worry about her. You'll be fine.

Afterwards, the gang got everything cleaned and put away. Your mother really dictated the sleeping arrangements. Team RWBY would split up and sleep in either the guest room or your sister's old room. You stuck with your room and your parents returned to theirs, surprisingly. You didn't really think that your parents would reunite but here they were, defying your expectations.

Regardless, it was sweet to finally rest in your own bed once again.