First Day In Vacuo

Like the morning before, the light from the sun over Vacuo began to burn into your eyes to wake you up. You yawned as you fully remembered the how good it was to have moved to Vale and been in a much better position when it came to the sunrise shining down on your face. You yawned as the light burned your eyes awake. Opening your eyes, you smiled at one of the greatest sights possible in the morning, your girlfriend, Yang. Sleeping on top of you, cuddling up like the adorable yellow puffball she was. She was so cute in the mornings and...Wait...Yang...on top of you? In your bed? Of your parents house.

You began to over react and breath over and over again as you let the reality of the situation take in. Worry began to grow ever large throughout your person. Despite your best intentions of keeping Yang asleep, she reached up quickly and placed one hand on your cheek and the other at your side. She began to slowly move her hands around as a way to calm you down, but clearly that was not working at all. You kept up the heavy breathing until Yang placed her hand over your mouth and stopped you from freaking out anymore.

She slowly began to pull herself up to meet your gaze. She opened her eyes and gave you a light smile. However, her smile slowly decreased into that of a concerning look. She now gave you a sympathetic look until she moved over to lay down next to you and cuddled up to your body. She turned over and began to rest on the side that covered herself from the door's view. She grabbed your arm and pulled it over her body as a way of hugging her with your form.

Yang: Don't freak out. (Yawns) I'm tired.

(Y/N): Then why on EARTH are you in my bed? With me? In my mother's house?!

Yang: Because, you're my sweetie. That and also, that bed was unpleasant. Yours is more comfortable.

(Y/N): Yeah, that makes sense. But, do you have to come into my b-bed n-now. M-My mom is going to freak out when she sees you here. And-and that's the last thing I-I-I need right now.

Yang: Yeah. The stutter's back. Ok, I'm going to try an sneak back into my room. I'll be there until-

The door handle then began to creek open. Both you and Yang turned to one another and internally began to freak out. Finally, the door opened and your mother stepped into your room. She walked up to your bed and saw you turned over to face the door, sound asleep. She leaned down and pecked you on the cheek.

Mocha: Welcome home, son.

(Y/N): M-Mom? What's wrong?

Mocha: Nothing. I just wanted to let you know that breakfast should be ready soon and Yang went out for a little run. Come down when you're ready.

(Y/N): Ok. Thanks Mom.

With that, your mother moves and leaves the bedroom and closes the door. You glanced back to the door to make sure she wasn't still in the room. You rolled back over and tapped the side of your bed. Yang rolled out from under the bed and sat up.

Yang: That...that was close.

(Y/N): Too close. Now we need to get outside and do laps.

Yang: Well, come on. Let's see what we can do out there.

(Y/N): Also...w-why running?

Yang: It was what I used to do back home in Patch with my dad. Good bonding time. You should try it.

(Y/N): Trying it...apparently.

With that, you and Yang hopped out of the window and ran out of your yard and began to run outside the neighborhood. As you were running down the round to your house, Yang slowed down a bit in order to run alongside you rather than ahead of you.

Yang: Know any blank fields or arenas we could go to?

(Y/N): Y-Yeah. Why?

Yang: Semblance training.

With that, you and Yang began to run towards the small training arena nearby the neighborhood. After your nearly 20 minute jog, you both arrived at the arena. You kneeled down a bit and began to pant and catch your breath while Yang looked even more energized.

(Y/N): So...(Pants) What's the plan here?

Yang sat down onto the ground and patted it beside her.

Yang: Have a seat.

You did so and crossed your legs as well. Yang got up and walked behind you, placing her hands on your shoulders.

Yang: Breath. Concentrate. Now, what you're aiming for is going to be the other wall. See that pillar over there?

She points to a far off wooden pillar.

(Y/N): Yeah.

Yang: That's the target. So, all you have to do is simply, activate the semblance and fire a small burst towards it. Ok?

(Y/N): Ok.

You began taking in deep breaths, trying to concentrate. A few flashes of Yang getting hurt by your semblance and the worm battle enter your head. Yang is able to tell that something is wrong and wraps her arms around you in a tight embrace.

Yang: Remember back to the Wormzilla fight. Remember what you did.

(Y/N): I was e-eaten. A-And then...I-

Yang: Relax. Concentrate on the target. Envision as much power as you want to use and summon it.

You did as Yang was telling you, taking in deep breaths. All you wanted was a small ball of energy to use against the pillar. Next thing you knew, a ball of pure energy appeared between your hands.

Yang: That's it. Now, when you feel like your ready, give it a throw.

You took in another large deep breath. Your eyes opened as you spun around on the ground to stand up and threw the energy ball directly at the pillar. The pillar exploded and you grew a massive smile as Yang leapt up behind you and hugged from behind.

Yang: (Y/N), that was amazing! Ok, so you got that system down pat. Keep trying.

(Y/N): Alright then. Think you can set me up with some practice dummies.

Yang smirked and gave you a wink. From there, you continued to use Yang's method of semblance control onto the dummies. You began to use your power in the most offensive ways possible. From lasers, to energy spheres, energy bombs and so forth and so on. You began to do mediations alongside Yang as well and other balancing and psychological training.

(Y/N): Hey Yang?

Yang: Yeah?

(Y/N): Is this how you deal with your abandonment issues?

Yang: What? What abandonment issues? I'm perfectly fine.

(Y/N): Yang. E-Ever since we met at Junior's you've always been following me or clinging onto me.

Yang: Is that a problem?!

(Y/N): N-N-No. It's just, you think I'm about to leave you. You've done that whenever one of your friends takes a walk for over a hour or s-something like that. I'm just worried is all.

Yang: (Sighs) I mean-

(Y/N): Yang. You can trust me.

Yang: (Sighs) Ever since my mom, Raven left, Summer was all I knew. When she left too, my dad broke down. Ruby could barely talk and I was alone. I learned my mother left me and I wanted to know why. Was I just that unloveable? Was I a mistake? I just...I'm scared. Scared of being alone. I don't want that anymore. So call it what you will. Me being clingy, or me being a crazy girlfriend, I don't know. And I'm sorry if I'm hurting you. I-

(Y/N): Yang. I just wanted the story. And-and I'm happy you gave it to me. So, how about we head home and-

You were cut off by a war horn went off. One word came to your mind when you heard that sound. Raiders.