The Final Straw

Third POV:

"You are worthless" yells Yang while Ruby snickers in the background nodding.

"You shouldn't even be here chimes in Raven.

"You should have died instead of Summer" yells Tai

It was a regular day in the Rose's house with the daily beat up of (Y/n).  The family was too stuck in their belief that everything was (Y/n)'s fault to actually care about what they were doing.  They were about to keep going when they heard a yell

"I'm home" immediately they all scattered knowing that Qrow wasn't aware that they had adopted (Y/n) and if he was he wouldn't be happy knowing that they beat a kid everyday. 

"Stay hidden and if Qrow finds out about you, you will pay dearly" threatens Tai before they all quickly walk out of the hidden room and lock it behind them leaving behind a near death (Y/n).

(Y/n) POV:

'What have I ever done to deserve this? I was adopted into this devils family thinking that maybe it would be better than at the orphanage, yet it was ten times worse.  Daily beatings and for everything Ruby and Yang do wrong I get beaten on because they blame it on me.  Do they know how much it hurts? How much pain I'm constantly in?'

(Y/n) slowly drags himself over to his corner and lays down on the blanket that is his mattress.  Lying down he realises that he is hardly able to breath when he is curled up.  So straightening himself out, with hisses of pain, he is finally able to breath somewhat normal as his body tries to heal itself.  Someone singing pulls him out of his thoughts and he focuses on the real world again.  Before remembering why everyone had gathered at the at the house.  It was Yang's birthday.  The singing he heard was the household singing Happy Birthday to Yang who was now 8.  Ruby was 7 along with (Y/n).  (Y/n) only sat in silence while listening to the festivities going on downstairs while his emotions slowly drained away.  When he was 3 (Y/n) cried and begged them to stop hitting him and insulting him.  Towards the end of the first year and the beginning of the second year he started to lose emotions.  (Y/n) had realised this when they had been giving him his daily beating and were waiting for his to cry or beg but it had not happened.  So they took it up a level to make him cry and scream and were satisfied why he started crying again.  Every time he wouldn't show an emotion they would take it up a level.  Till towards the end of the second year he completely lost all his emotions.  Nothing would phase him now, no matter how hard they tried to break him emotionally and physically they would get no response.  (Y/n) also realised that he should let himself be weak so everyday morning and night, whether he was sleeping inside or outside he would exercise.  To the point where the muscle's started to show.   At the end of the third year he snapped and fought back.

It happened on a night when summer had just turned to autumn and the weather was becoming cold outside.  The wind was blowing, with the smell of snow in the air and (Y/n), against his better judgement, had wished on some lucky star that nothing would happen today to make him sleep outside.  Of course fate chose this day to laugh at him.  It so happens that today was the day they first let him out of his room to clean the house while they just sat around and enjoyed watching him struggle through the chores.  While washing the dishes Yang had quietly walked in behind him and screamed in his ear.  His response infuriated her.  He didn't even flinch before turning to her and asking

"Did you need something?" even his voice had started loosing all of the emotions.

Fuming Yang turns around and walks away before pausing at the doorway of the kitchen when she saw the stack of clean plates that (Y/n) had cleaned sitting next to the sink.  Grinning evilly she walks back, and before (Y/n) can say anything, she tips the stack of plates on the floor.  Giving (Y/n) a mocking grin she puts on a scared face and runs out of the kitchen.  Knowing she was running to tattle and lie to Tai he calmly takes off his apron and puts it on the rack.  Then he walks quickly over to the knife rack before taking out two knives that were somewhat similar.  Then he throws them out of the kitchen window.  Walking over to the cupboard he packs some food in a bag before dropping it outside the window.  Turning around he calmly waits for what he knows will be the worst beating he has ever experienced and sleeping out in the cold.  Tai runs in with Yang trailing behind him along with the rest of the family.  For every hit and for every blow that brings him closer to death (Y/n) shows no emotion.  For hours they beat on him and kick him till they are satisfied before throwing him outside and telling him that he is gonna sleep there tonight.  After the pain subsides a little he slowly gets up and grabs the stuff he dropped out of the window.  Taking a knife he carves a message on a board he found outside.  Cracking a happy smile from finally being able to leave the place he walks away into the forest.

The next morning Tai gets up and after going through his morning activities he opens the door to call in (Y/n) and have him make breakfast. 

"Hey get in he--" he trails off when he reads a scratched message on the board.

'I had really hoped this family would be better than the orphanage but you know what they say whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger.  The day will come for you to reap what you sow.  Your deeds will catch up with you and when they do I will be laughing as I watch karma collect.   I will come back one day and when I do I will bring the wrath of hell down on you' and signed at the bottom in blood

'(Y/n)'

———————————————————
What do y'all think? Please vote and comment