Initiation Part 1

Third POV:
On a cliff overlooking a vast forest there stood two people.  On was slightly leaning on a cane with one hand while sipping on some coffee.  Next to him was a woman who was holding a scroll and reading through it.

"Ozpin I think that Lightning would make a great huntsman but I still think that he is too dangerous for the school. Why did you bring him here?" asks Glynda

"Before I talked him into coming here, which frankly was a miracle in itself, he had been heading down a dangerous road so I thought I would bring him here to recollect himself. Though I have no doubt he would have pulled it off" replies Ozpin

Glynda was about to ask another question until she hears a voice float in from the trees

"Honestly I could see exactly what was happening and what was going down but the thrill of the hunt was too great to back down. I thought it wouldn't hurt to take a break. They would always be there when I came back" and Lightning steps out from behind a tree and seeing the crop in Glynda's hand he smirks

"You won't need that" before walking over to the other side of Ozpin

"You're early" comments Ozpin without even a hint of surprise from Lightning's sudden appearance. After all he had gotten used to it.

"Ehh you know what they say Oz, the early bird yada, yada" he waves a dismissive hand as Ozpin cracks a small grin.

Walking over to the metal squares in the ground he examines them before squatting down and tapping on them while Glynda watches him in confusion.

"I didn't honestly think we would be launched into the forest, Oz" his face gains a dangerous smirk as he starts running through ways to land in style and tear through Grimm.

"They need to learn to expect the unexpected and improvise" shrugs Ozpin

"No way am I against it" says Lightning while walking over to a boulder and sitting down with his back to the cliff.

"It's always so peaceful early in the morning" he sighs wistfully while looking at the sky and murmurs something they barely catch "I wish you were here to witness this" they look over at him in surprise to see him rubbing a silver ring on his left middle finger. Sighing again he rips his gaze away from the sky before glancing at the two adults with a look that promised hell if they said anything.

The time then spent till the students arrived was spent in silence. When the students had arrived they were told to stand on the squares. Confused they obeyed as Ozpin began

"The life of a huntsman is always full of danger. You need to learn to adapt and improvise. So today you will need a landing strategy. You will be going through the forest to the temple on the other side to retrieve an artifact and then coming back to the cliff to complete the initiation. Speaking of, the first person you make eye contact with when you land will be your partner for the four years you spend here. Any questions?"

A scrawny blonde boy raises his hand

"Excuse me sir? A landing strategy?" he questions in slight fear

Ignoring him Ozpin continues "The forest is full of Grimm so do not be afraid to kill everything in your way. If at any point you are about to be over whelmed the staff will rescue you but that will mean your immediate expulsion from Beacon. If there are no more questions get ready" then seeing Yangs hand in the air he nods at her

"What about him?" she states boldly while pointing at Lightning. Ozpin sighs at her brazen nature and before he can reply Lightning disappears.

"Where did he go? Did he run away? The co—" she was about to continue before she hears a click next to her ear. Gulping she turns slightly to see Lightning behind her with a gun pointing right her and the click signifying the pulling back of the hammer. The look on his face was of pure rage. The eyes were bursting with the fury the likes of which yang had never seen. Everybody with the exception of Ozpin froze while Ozpin watches ready to interfere of necessary.

"Finish that sentence, girl and I'll bury you where you stand. I don't need to take this test because I've already taken it" a dangerous smile splits his face "This test has been running for me since I was 7. I didn't know such luxuries as comfort. I fought my way up to where I am. Everything I own I earned it, it didn't appear in front of me on a silver platter. You had people who taught you.  I was taught by nature itself with one rule, kill or be killed.  If you think that you can stack up to that, you have a lot to learn" He states with a voice that sent ice down their backs.

"Lightning" calmly states Ozpin with a hint of warning. Lightning disappears again and reappears standing next to the last launch pad that was empty. The head of every student snaps over to him when they hear him pop his neck and say

"Alright princess I needed some fun anyway and I was kinda looking forward to this" then turning to Ozpin and seeing his slightly concerned gaze "Ehh don't worry Oz it'll be fine" he reassures him waving a hand dismissively.

One by one the students get launched into the forest. When it comes down to Lightning before he is launched Ozpin looks over at him and sees a gleeful smirk on his face as he is launched.

Looking at Ozpin Glynda sees a worried look as he gazes at the screens.

"Why the worried look Ozpin? If he's as good as you say then he should be fine" she questions in confusion

"I'm not worried about him I worry what his presence on the field will cause. He draws Grimm like moths to flame because of his strength" he pauses when he sees how Lightning lands "Take for example that landing. He could have landed anywhere yet he lands right in front of a pack of Beowulf's, rolls and comes up already slashing through them. His moves waste no energy whatsoever as he moves through them. Those are skills of professional huntsmen who have had years of practice. The big difference is that he is 17 while they are in their 30's. He was forced to grow up too fast and that's what makes him a demon on the battlefield because unlike us he developed his skills early making him more dangerous.  I pity fools who cross him" Glynda can only watch in silence as she sees him tear through the pack before blinking into the middle of another pack on his way to the temple. What couldn't leave Glynda's mind was the way he was slicing through the beowulf's like knife through butter all the while a full blown smile was on his face.

"So that is what he meant when he said thrill of the fight being so great" states a new voice
———————————————————-
Good or bad cliffhanger?  In case anyone is confused none of them have realized that it's (Y/n) because he has grown up and changed.