The Trip

Third POV: timeskip a couple of months

A couple of months had passed since Lightning left and life seemed to be running pretty normal.  When asked with what happened to Lightning Ozpin would simply say that he went off on a mission.  Not really having any friends in beacon and such, no one really missed him because they didn't really know him.  Only a certain rabbit-eared faunus along with a hidden cat faunus would wonder when they would get a chance to talk to him.  Qrow had found a great bar and enjoyed spending his time there.  It was run by some guy called junior. Junior had twins as employees who would always pester Qrow to know where Lightning is at. Seems like Lightning ran a couple of jobs for Junior and they grew to like him. Qrow didn't worry, he knew Lightning was more than capable of holding his own in a fight.  Couple times he would be smiling at some of the photos Lightning would send him from his journeys.
———————————————————
In an unknown location sits a woman deep in thought.

'I wonder what happened to him' she sighs 'Will I ever see you again?'

"Is everything alright (      )?" : left blank intentionally cause we don't know the person yet:

"Yes, just lost in some memories about a certain someone," she said while fingering a certain medallion around her neck.

"May I ask who?" with a slight tease

"Our young mercenary/bodyguard" there is a pause "Our Lightning"

The person asking smiles remembering the character of said person than looking up and seeing a small blush on her face states "He'll be back. Isn't that what he said? I'll always be back"
———————————————————
Halfway across the world Lightning is seen whistling while walking through a forest.  While walking he senses some people trailing him.  Although even if he were an experienced huntsman he wouldn't be able to know they were there.  Then again we are talking about a legend among assassins.  He wasn't someone normal assassins would cross lightly.  He had become most feared for a reason.

Stopping he pulls out an amulet

Gripping it tightly he looks at the sky

Gripping it tightly he looks at the sky.  Sighing he puts it back under his shirt before setting his hands on his guns.

Hiding in the trees the two watchers tense a little when they see him disappear.

Watcher 1: what happened? Where did he go?

Watched 2: I don't know. Let's wait and see if he comes back.

After waiting for half an hour with no trace of Lightning they decide to head back to camp.

Unbeknownst to them when lightning had disappeared, he had simply appeared a couple of trees away while observing the two watchers.  Having deduced that they are part of the tribe that he was looking for, he waited patiently for them to head back.  Following them at a distance he is led right to their camp.