The Camp

Third POV:

They both involuntarily shiver from those words. 

"What do you mean?" questions a scared Vernal, though trying not to show it.  They both see him fade from sight before they feel his presence behind them.  Drawing their weapons as they spin around they see nothing.  'Huh', they both think 'Where did he go'.  Then they see him bringing down his sword on Raven.  Raven gets her own sword up in time but is surprised when she feels no resistance.  This throws her off balance and she tries to correct herself, but its too late.  She then realizes that he had withdrawn at the last second and ducked under her swing putting him right in her personal space.  She tried to bring her sword around but to no avail, he struck forward like a snake and hits her neck.  Raven then feels her body paralyze and when black starts closing in she thinks 'Surprise attack. Should have seen it coming' before she's out.  Vernal seeing this tries to attack relentlessly but is surprised to see her weapon connects with nothing.  In a battle never have your guard down and never hesitate.  Yet Vernal hesitates for a millisecond when her weapon hits nothing and that is what costs her the fight.  In that hesitation, the stranger kicks her sword away before a fist meets her temple and she loses consciousness. 

Wordlessly the stranger picks up Vernal and ties her to a chair before gagging her and making sure she can't escape anyhow.  Then he turns to Raven and squatting down picks her up and disappears knowing that no one would find out that Raven is missing because no one would dare enter without permission.

Teleporting into the forest he ties her to a tree and then climbing up a tree about 20 feet away he sits down and proceeds to clean his weapons while waiting for Raven to wake up.  In half an hour he hears her groan signifying that she is awake.  Silently he continues observing her, watching as she takes stock of the situation before then working her arms a little to get to a hidden dagger.  She pauses when she finds her dagger still there. 

'Surely he thought to check to make sure that I didn't have anything on me?' she thinks before pushing it aside to worry about later.  Using the dagger she makes it out of the ropes before checking her surroundings.  Suddenly she feels something being tossed at her.  Turning around she instinctively catches it before realizing it was all of her weapons.  Surprised she looks up to see who threw it and sees the stranger sitting in the tree polishing his weapons. She is about to ask him a question when he speaks up

"I gave you your weapons back to prove I'm not here for a fight. As for why you are still alive. This is your shot at redemption. I know you and the rest feel that way. Although scars do take long to heal maybe you can prove to me that people deserve redemption"

"Redemption?" questions Raven "Why would I need redemp-" she then freezes and looks at the stranger remembering the one thing that she wished she could undo.

"Y-Y/n" she gasps and when Lightning looks up at her with piercing silver eyes she get her affirmation. 

"What happened to you? All those stories I heard about you, were they true?" she asks try to keep her stone face in tact.

"About the kid who fought his way to the top? Came from nowhere, and little by little he clawed his way to first place" in anger Lightning stabs the tree he's sitting on "Yeah those stories are true. Along with the ones where he had to mug people, participate in street fights and do dirty work just to feed himself and make sure he wasn't the one found the next day dead in the gutters" Lightning gets up as if to leave.  Raven steps forward

"Wait" she exclaims "What did you want to ask me?" she said wanting to keep him around a little longer. 

Lightning shoots her a devils smile "I no longer need to because you already answered it for me.  The reason Oz sent me to retrieve you was because he wanted to know who the spring maiden was" he then smirks when Raven recoils "And that's another nail in the coffin.  Although I'm starting to dislike the way Oz is doing things so this will stay between us" then brushing off his clothes he points to the direction of Ravens camp and says "Your camp is that way.  Vernal is alive I didn't see the point of killing needlessly" he pauses as he stares at Raven with his intense silver eyes "Think on what I told you Raven, I only give it to you once" before disappearing leaving Raven still reeling from what she heard.
———————————————————
———————————————————
———————————————————
In vale in a certain bar owned by a guy named Junior people were lively as usual and everyone was having fun. Junior was sitting behind the bar and serving drinks where they were needed. While working he hoping that this night goes smoothly because he was waiting on someone. That someone had run a couple jobs for him in the past and they were acquaintances and he was happy to know him well enough to be able to call on him sometimes. His thought process is interrupted when one of his guys run in

"Boss she's outside. She got through the-" and before the poor guy could finish, the door was blasted off of its hinges. Appearing in the doorway was a blonde with wrist gantlets and yelled "Guess who's back" behind her peaked out a boy who was acting very cautious, seeing as how many guns were pointing at them. While the blonde proceeded to talk to Junior the boy was just standing and watching till he whistles "Damn that is some chick who-o-o oh hi ladies" he winks at Melanie who looks him up and down before snorting "You ain't anywhere near his level" Miltia nods before the twins turn and walk away.

Meanwhile the blonde and junior had gotten into an argument and when the blonde reached to pinch him where she shouldn't she froze when a clearly distinct 'Click' was heard. Turning around she sees Lightning with a gun in hand.

"Touch him and you will regret it blondie" he warns her before turning to Junior "Hey Junior I need a strong drink. This day has been too fucked up for me" at Juniors nod he then plops tiredly at the bar while Junior walks around it to make him a drink completely ignoring the blonde. He smiles when he sees the twins sidle up to him and sit on either side of him. He was about to talk to them before getting interrupted by the blonde.

"Hey!!" She yells at Lightning "I was talki-" she begins yells before Lightning interrupts her "Don't give a shit blondie I need a drink and you were interrupting it. I suggest you move along and go play in the kiddie park or something" he drawls before downing his shot. Ignoring how she explodes and her eyes turn red he pours himself another drink.

"How's business been lately Junior. Qrow been a nuisance?" He asks with a smirk. Junior smiles "Nahh, said he had something to do today so he wouldn't be here" Lightning laughs before picking up his glass to drink. Having had enough of being ignored the blonde's anger clouds her judgment and she hits the drink out of Lightning's hand. Pin drop silence descends on the bar. Turning Lightning glares at her. She steps back in fear because that gaze screamed murder. A cold voice laced with venom sounds through the room

"You will either buy me another shot and apologize or you will regret being born" he demands while the blonde backs up even more.

"You should be the one apologizing for interrupting me" she blazes coming to her wits. Then immediately steps back again as everyone in the bar feel Lightning's anger spike and wrath starts pouring off of him in waves. Brushing off the hands of the twins he stands up and cracks his neck

"Excuse me ladies, Junior it seems like a small fry needs to be taught her place" he says looking over at Junior apologetically. Junior just smiles and an understanding passes between them. Turning he gives the blonde a mocking smile.

"Don't die on the first hit, alright?"