Accepted into Beacon

Third POV: 10 years later (Lightning is (Y/n)

In an office somewhere we find a silver haired male sitting in an office chair relaxing while sipping coffee. Lost in thought he doesn't notice when his assistant Glinda walks in carrying a scroll. Coughing to get his attention she proceeds to speak up

"Ozpin I noticed that there is a student that I don't recognize and couldn't get any info on when researching for him. Is this his real name?" questions Glynda

"No. The second you hear his real name you die no questions asked. The only way you will hear his real name is if he tells you which is a feat in itself. There's a reason only two people know his real name" replies Ozpin without moving "He is a great person although rather cold and distant if you don't know him"

"I want to meet him" demands Glynda before realizing who she was demanding from. She steps back when Ozpin stares at her.  Knowing that she is only doing this for the schools safety Ozpin decides to allow it.

"I will allow it on one condition" at Glynda's nod he continues "You don't ask any personal questions"

Glynda nods so Ozpin picks up his scroll and sends a message.  He then snorts when he reads the reply.  Making Glynda look at him funny because Ozpin doesn't usually express his emotions.

Couple minutes later they hear the elevator ding and turn towards it.  Glynda is surprised when she sees the empty elevator.  Suddenly she hears a loud clang, she spins around bringing out her crop and is ready to attack the intruder when she sees Ozpin holding back the sword above his head with his cane.  She fires a spell and Ozpin's face contorts in horror as realization hits him and before he manages to react Glynda feels arms encircle her throat and are about to snap it when Ozpin shouts "Wait"

Despite being in a chokehold that could easily snap her neck, Glynda is surprised to see Ozpin on his feet with a terrified look on his face. The attacker hesitated and Glynda is about to try another spell when Ozpin immediately stops her by saying

"Glynda if you value your job and life you will drop your crop and put your hands out palm up" Glynda sees Ozpin staring at her pleading her to do as he says.  Never having seen this look on Ozpin's face Glynda obeys by dropping her crop and puts her arms out palm up.  Turning to the stranger with a pleading look Ozpin calmly says

"Lightning please release her she did what she did out of instinct.  Also my mistake I didn't tell her to not interrupt"

After a second the hands disappear and Glynda sees the intruder standing in front of a corner with both hands resting on pistols at his sides.

At the brief pause Glynda takes the time to observe the now dubbed Lightning by Ozpin. 

What surprised her was that it was a teenager who looked about 17 with a fair height of about 5' 10".  His current stance screamed dangerous and the atmosphere around him declared confidence.  Even through the clothes Glynda could see that he worked out.  The clothes couldn't cover up the way some of his muscles bulged.  He looked like a panther tensed up and ready for hell.  His face was one of beauty with the blackest of  hair that went well with the slightly tanned face.  What made her flinch slightly was the way his silver eyes were burning holes through her.  They burned with unimaginable power that made her realize just how close she came to death.  Glynda took a step back in fear.

Still staring down Glynda, Lightning asks Ozpin "Does she know?" while his right hand twitches.

"No she does not" states Ozpin firmly "No one knows" Lighting relaxes slightly before tensing up again when he hears the elevator ding.  With their focus on the opening doors they miss Lightning fading into the shadows of the corner.  When the doors open they hear

"What's with the tense atmosphere Oz?" Then He stiffens when he feels something in the air "Has Lightning been here lately?" Ozpin relaxes before sitting back down.  Taking a sip of coffee he is about to reply when he is interrupted

"She got lucky.  Rarely do people attack me and live to tell the tale" turning to the corner in surprise the newcomer sees Lightning and smiles.  Lightning walks up to and opens his arms for a hug

"Hey Qrow, When did you come back?" Qrow also smiles widely before accepting the hug "Hey Champ, I just got in.  I was gonna go drinking today but then felt your aura spike across town so I hurried here" they hugged for a second before they each grabbed a chair and sat down.  Glynda's jaw was on the floor.  Never in her life had she seen Qrow smile so much or hug somebody.  At Ozpin's cough she regains her composure and decides to retrieve her crop.  Out of the corner of her eye she sees Lightning stiffen and watch her like a hawk as she grabs her crop.  Putting it away he watches her stand next to Ozpin's desk before relaxing slightly. 

"So why did you call me here Ozpin?  I know it's not to just see me.  That was done when you asked me to join"  Questions Lightning.

"Glynda wanted to meet you.  Also I needed to talk to you about something"

Lightning looks at Glynda with eyes that seem to say 'well?'

Glynda seems to hesitate unsure before nodding

"Now I have something to discuss with Lightning, I believe that there are still some paperwork that needs to be finished for the incoming students" Glynda opens her mouth to protest not wanting to leave the stranger alone with Ozpin.  Then she closes her mouth when she sees the stern look on Ozpin's face.  Nodding she gets in the elevator.  Only when the elevator fully closes and they hear it move down does Lightning mostly relax. 

Ozpin, along with Qrow, breathe sighs of relief when they see Lightning relax because he doesn't usually relax so much. 

Opening his eyes Lightning looks at Ozpin

"So?" He questions "What did you want to talk about?" while pulling out a dagger and spinning it around his fingers.

Ozpin cringes slightly knowing that what he says next won't be received well by either Lightning or Qrow.

"It's not to tell you it's more to warn you" Ozpin prepares himself when Lightning and Qrow pause for a second before Lightning continues twirling his knife while nodding for Ozpin to continue.

"Yang and Ruby got accepted to go here this year" he slightly regrets saying anything when Qrow's face darkens and he clenches his seat handles to the point where they break.  Ozpin knows he screwed up when the knife Lightning had been twirling seconds ago was now hilt deep in his desk and he feels the pressure in the air grow exponentially and hears a demonic

"What"

———————————————————
———————————————————
———————————————————
———————————————————
Please vote and comment