Rage

Third POV:
Beacon was a great school with many new people joining this year. There were many seconds year students who were confident in their own prowess and abilities; but they all almost knelt in fear when an overpowering aura flashed through the campus bringing a lot of the new students to their knees in fear.  When the aura wave passes many are left wondering what happened.

In the office of Ozpin Lightning is standing up and breathing heavy while trying to calm himself down.  Ozpin carefully watches Lightning as the teen pulls his knife out of the desk.  The pressure in the air goes down and his voice goes back to normal when he asks

"I suppose you found it convenient to tell me after I already agreed to join?" Lightning declares with a cold voice making Ozpin think about what he would say next before staying silent.

"Don't keep stuff like that from me Oz.  I will leave this school next time" he states with warning before pulling out a flask and taking a swig making him slightly relax "Really needed that" he announces then sees the slight surprise from Qrow and Ozpin.

"Knowing my past and the things I had to do are you really surprised?" He asks bewildered tone laced with warning to not bring up that topic.  Both knew it was a touchy side of Lightning

".... I suppose I saw it coming" says Qrow pulling out his own flask.  Ozpin laughs when he sees Lightning turn sideways on the chair and relax.

"I guess I'll have to find a way to keep my anger in check for the duration of my stay here" Lightning sighs again in boredom

Suddenly Lightning sits upright "I heard something about initiation with killing Grimm?" He asks in a somewhat excited tone.

"Yes it's tomorrow. Also through this initiation you find out what team you're on" Ozpin pauses when he sees Lightning snort

"I don't do teams, Oz, you should know this" then his face darkens "I had a team once it didn't work out" then smirking he continues "Besides the day I join a team is when me and him" jabs a thumb at Qrow "stop drinking" Qrow does a spit take "Not happening" Qrow deadpans

"Exactly" announces Lightning.

"Anyway I'm going to get some sleep because you interrupted it". Huffs Lightning before disappearing down the elevator.

The two men sit in silence for some time before Ozpin speaks up "His power has grown hasn't it?"

Qrow leans back in his chair "He tries to hide it because he doesn't want his small group of friends to fear him.  Even if that will never happen.  He trains too hard and that shit goes hand in hand.  The more he trains the deadlier he becomes" getting up Qrow starts toward the door "I'm going too.  I need my drink and sleep" and also disappears down the elevator leaving Ozpin deep in thought.  After a few minutes Ozpin gets up and heads over to the elevator, after all someone has to deliver the welcome speech.
———————————————————
Lightning POV:
Heading through the corridors I was deep in thought.

'I wonder how my time here will be like. If it wasn't for a favor from Oz I wouldn't be here. Damn him for only telling me about Yang and Ruby after I accepted. I know at some point I'll lose control, beat them to pulp and tell Ozpin he can shove his favor while I ditch this school. Until then I wonder where the lunchroom is'

Walking up to a random student he asks "Can you tell me where I can find the lunchroom?" reverting back to his monotone.

The girl jumps slightly and I see her ribbon twitch the slightest amount. I almost smirk, I wasn't crowned Hawk eye for no reason so I immediately noticed it and almost smiled.

She pointed me down a hallway and told me it's the first door on the right.

Inwardly smirking at the blushing girl I thanked her

"Thanks kitty" I wink and disappear down the hall knowing she will pepper me with questions if I stayed. I knew she would ask them all when she found me later but I didn't really care at the moment because I was hungry. Walking up to the specified doors I see that the lunchroom is closed on the account of the assembly.

'Oh shit the assembly' I quickly teleport to the outside of the meeting hall walk in. Inside was packed with people all standing around confused. Heightening my senses to full just in case, I weaved through the crowd with a corner in mind. I didn't care if people think I was paranoid, it's what kept me alive all those years. Arriving at a corner I grab a chair and tilt back on it. Pulling out a throwing dagger I started twirling it around my fingers. Blame it on my bad habit but it helped my boredom and helped me relax slightly while I waited for the assembly to begin. I smirked at some of the weird glances thrown my way. They had no idea who they were in the presence of. I was thankful that I didn't have to wait long when the lights cut out and Ozpin walks under the one light left onstage.

Third POV:
Onstage Ozpin waited for the crowd to quiet down so he could begin his speech. Yet not everything went to plan because when he was about to begin his speech he noticed something of a slight oddity in the air. It seemed that under the excitement and nervousness there seemed to be an underlining current of anger and hatred. Looking to see where it was coming from he notices a figure fading in and out of the shadows in a far corner. Focusing more on the figure he sees him glaring at something across from him. Following his gaze he sees two new students, Yang and Ruby. After a moment of trepidation Ozpin begins his speech hoping Lightning doesn't do anything to get him kicked out of beacon.  Five minutes later leaving the students to ponder what he said he wanders off the stage and heads to the one corner.  Arriving he doesn't see anyone so he looks in the direction of the two sisters.  Seeing them still there he sighs in relief before he walks out not sensing the silver eyes follow him out.
———————————————————-
Third POV:
Across the hall there was a blonde who was looking around every other minute or so wondering why she was getting the feeling of being watched. Shrugging is off she continued talking to her friends not understanding that shrugging off instinct could one day kill her.

When night came all of the students laid out their sleeping bags while unnoticed up in the rafters Lightning secures his own bed. It's not that he didn't sleep on the floor it's that he didn't trust anyone in the hall right now so he was going to stick to the rafters. It would serve as one of his beds. One rule he had made for himself was to never sleep in one place more than once in a row. For him it was like having a sign that said

'Hey, I sleep here every night so you can kill me anytime'

That didn't work for him, so no one would know where he was during any hours of the night. Laying down he slowly falls asleep somewhat excited for the initiation tomorrow.
———————————————————
What do y'all think