TWO

THE PRIVILEGED

A SONG TO SET THE MOOD: RUN — JOJI

CHAPTER TWO: PARALYZED

"WHAT DO WE DO?"

Jungkook flinched when Jin's yowling grew impossibly louder.

"R-Run!" Was all that he could manage to say through his teeth. "Bandits!"

Jimin didn't bother to tune in to what he had said, it was barely audible. So instead, he extended his lengthy arm and reached out for the bizarre device on Seokjin's chest in an attempt to pry it off.

His actions came to a halt when Jungkook's large hand found his clothed forearm.  He abruptly yanked it away from Jin's shaking figure with a shake of his head. 

The man's eyes were now wide open and alert, teeth sinking into his bottom lip which was jutted out as he stared at the ceiling above, unable to move a single muscle on his own.

The only sign of life that came from him were the repulsive sounds that leaked from his vocal cords and the twitching of his crooked fingers. 

"Hey!" Jimin snapped after whipping his head around to face Jungkook.  "What the hell was that for?  I was trying to help him!"

Jungkook simply shook his head, knowing what could possibly be the outcome of Jimin laying a finger on the unfamiliar device. 

In a world like this, nothing could be trusted, no alliances could be formed without crossing your fingers behind your back. Only because you couldn't place your trust in the custody of someone else, not without being betrayed.

From the knowledge he had acquired in his short weeks of living on Earth, it was far too risky.

Backstabbers were everywhere, and the government was the perfect example of one.  They fired Namjoon and Hoseok from their occupations because of a common mistake during an assigned task. They stole their money, they took everything away from them. 

Jungkook didn't even know why they would go out of their way to cause unemployment to them when they were also their most reliable source. The two were bounty hunters, like policemen but with an awful stereotype and higher payments for each arrest they make.

They were the ones who arrested Jin, a criminal.  Then he fell in love with Namjoon.

And then he was ripped away from Namjoon's clutches. They tore him out of his arms like a sticky note on a pad.