THREE

THE PRIVILEGED

A SONG TO SET THE MOOD: BAD DREAM — RUELLE

CHAPTER THREE: WON'T YOU WAKE ME UP?

EVERYTHING WENT BLACK

His eyes fluttered open to nothingness.  The echoing of footsteps filled his eardrums, other than that it was silent.

Jungkook found himself in an unfamiliar place, everything was pitch black. Like a voiding limbo.  The only source of illuminated light was coming from the dark sky above him as he laid there on the cement road.

The teenager slowly sat up from where he was situated, assimilating the eerie atmosphere around him.  The faint wind was bustling around him as it brushed his hair back and crawled upon his bare skin.

He noticed that his clothes had changed, his former grey sweatpants were replaced with a pair of black baggy jeans. Jungkook was also equipped with a pair of shiny jet-colored boots, a white shirt and a black patterned zip-up hoodie.

Even in the short moments of him being there, it just felt so unreal. Jungkook didn't even discern where he was currently.

Neither Seokjin nor Jimin were in sight, who knows what could have happened to the two.  Hopefully they were alright and at least breathing after they practically drowned in chemical filled smoke.

As he stood up, Jungkook flinched when the faint sound of whistling could be heard in the distance.  It sounded familiar, like his own vocalization and tune, it was rather baffling.

Then he realized his thin lips were moving in the shape of an 'o', meaning that he was the one whistling.  And Jungkook couldn't strive to control his own actions as the melody he basically sang echoed in the shadows around him.

His feet moved on their own according as he strode along the endless, vast pathway. Jungkook thrusted his hands into his pockets, whipping his head from side to side to take in his hair-raising surroundings.  There was nothing besides the road he walked along.

Several minutes passed by, boredom overcame him as he casually continued on with his long stroll. Everything felt so calm on the outside, but he was fighting a mental battle of insanity inside his head.

He wanted to move, to have control of himself only to seek for a way out of the strange place.

Jungkook began to screech and let out harsh, loud, piercing cries. They were only audible on the inside, as his own body was losing its complete control.