SEVEN

THE PRIVILEGED

DEIMOS SPACECRAFT // MARCH 27TH 2937

A SONG TO SET THE MOOD: FEAR ON FIRE — RUELLE

CHAPTER SEVEN: YOU WILL BE OKAY, JUST BREATHE

He cocked the gun.

All he could do was gape back in horror; his skin was rapidly paling as seconds that felt like an eternity ticked by mockingly.  Jungkook eventually heard himself scream in horror; it erupted raucously into his ears, echoing off the iron, interior walls.

It was more of a cry for help, but inside his own state of mentality, as his vocalization was trapped within his encephalon. 

The shriek pounded on the interior of his firm skull in trepidation, unable to escape from the darkness that fogged over him like a calamitous, endless abyss of anxiety and phycological torture.

Every little bawl that leaked from his thin, rosy lips seemed audible to him; unfortunately they remained unheard to the peers around him. The piercing voices inside of his head were uncontrollable, like they had their own conscious and abilities.

Everything felt so familiar, even strange.  It was what could be named a hushed moment of unalloyed shock or even déjà vu.

But he reminded himself to take one deep breath at a time: everything would eventually be okay after all of this was over.  However, his breathing was erratic and shallow, as he silently gasped for polluted oxygen filtered by the aged air vents.

His lungs felt like they were being gratingly compressed together by the anxiety that swarmed him in hissing wisps and notion until he was on the verge of being lifeless.

Focusing on his oxygen levels was most important to him at that exact moment in time —mainly stabilizing his current state was definitely his first and possibly his final priority.

Inhale, exhale, repeat.

You will be okay, just breathe.

The sickening sound of his inconsistent huffs of the gas around him pervaded his senses and his ringing eardrums entirely. Jungkook gave his best attempt to mentally barricade away his own voice continuously screaming in his head, over, and over, and over again.