FOUR

THE PRIVILEGED

A SONG TO SET THE MOOD: AFRAID — THE NEIGHBORHOOD

CHAPTER FOUR: MENACE

"How the hell do you know her?" Jimin brazenly questioned in bewilderment, raising a confused brow.

Seokjin quickly lifted his head, immediately cackling maniacally as his own blood spilled out from in between his plush lips.  The action left his companions in solid bewilderment, both of their eyes now the size of saucers, jaws hanging open in shock.

Sinister.  His laugh was sinister, mocking their words, in fact. The almost melodic tune bounced off the walls while echoing around them as he went on and on.

Yet, it reminded Jungkook of his nightmare, the mocking chuckles made him shutter slightly. Seokjin obviously had more knowledge about the place they were currently being kept in, and he clearly knew who their abductor was.

Finally, he began to collect himself, shaking his head in his own embarrassment: "You know her?" He mimicked Jimin's mindless question in a high-pitched tune. "Of course I know her, I almost hooked up with her right before Namjoon and Hoseok arrested me at Highland Point.  She's a menace, but Sunmi's a good friend of mine."

A Menace huh? Jungkook pondered about why a woman would want to do such things, going out of her way to kidnap Seokjin and his friends. Rather than reconciling with him instead of causing his agony and torturing him.

And they were also close in that kind of way. Maybe it could have just been a love-hate kind of relationship, with some sort of closure. But who knows?

"If she's a good friend of yours then why would she hurt you like that?" Jimin questioned his choice of words. "No true friend in the right mind would want to hurt someone close to them. It isn't right, Jin."

Jungkook could tell that he was on the verge of laughing at Jimin's dense words once again. Jin let his perfectly aligned pearly whites sink into his bottom lip before shaking his head and smiling.

His teeth were stained with crimson, and so was his split lip. Seokjin's once gorgeous, naturally pink lips were now a dark red as the hot, thick liquid drizzled down his chin.

What could have caused him to bleed like that? Taehyung did once inform Jungkook that most victims of that strange device also would bleed from their mouths after the nerve disablement ceased. The object used on Seokjin didn't even have a name to it.