SIX

THE PRIVILEGED

DEIMOS SPACECRAFT // MARCH 27TH 2937

A SONG TO SET THE MOOD: OVERTHINKING — ACID GHOST

CHAPTER 6: A PLACE FULL OF LIARS AND MISFITS

Park Jimin grumbled and leased out a hefty sigh, thrusting his miniature hands into his enormous pockets. He violently shook his head from side to side in unalloyed frustration while he shuffled down the lengthy hallway.

The ceiling lights hummed, filament consuming them as they grew dimmer and dimmer, meaning that they needed to be replaced soon.

"Stupid bitch," he mumbled to himself, booting angrily at a nearby trash can and observing as it plummeted to the metal flooring with a booming clang.

He nearly skyrocketed out of his ironed jeans when the sound of a resonating alarm erupted from the overhead intercom.  His heart rate was accelerating out of his tightening chest, the sounds of thump, thump, thump augmented by the millisecond.

What alarmed him the most was the deafening robotic voice that began to speak obnoxiously, it pierced through the once inaudible atmosphere.  The sudden thunderous noises made Jimin just about piss his undergarments.

"Senior Vice Janitor Park Jimin to Sector B for trash clean up, because that is your job now, to pick your mess up with your bare hands," said the automated system, specifically programmed for unreasonable announcements.

Another dense punishment —which was his temporary occupation outside of school, to be a poorly treated janitor, slaving for the people of Deimos.  There was no exact reasoning to why he had received this deed to forcibly clean up other people's nauseating garbage everyday for an entire week.

His eyelids twitched erratically when a stifled but familiar giggle was heard, "Do you need me to take a big dumb crap on the floor so you have something else to clean up instead of trash?"

The ridiculed voice came from another student with dark colored hair, it was almost pitch black and cataclysmic.  He had choppy bangs that fell over his sharp brow, as they dipped into his slightly mono-lidded and doe shaped orbs. 

Orbs that contained an infinite amount of curiosity and determination; they held billions of chocolate colored galaxies within them.  His nose was rather large and hooked at the bottom; it complimented his thin, pink lips and bronze skin.

It was no other than Jeon Jungkook, his best friend.

***