CHAPTER FOURTEEN.

wonwoo

"wonwoo! sweetie, a package came for you."

that was strange, i hadn't ordered anything; i didn't even have a credit card. or a computer.

"um ok i'll be down in a minute!" i struggle with my t-shirt for a few more moments, pulling the wretched thing haphazardly over my shoulders. it was so early in the morning; were the postal services even open this early?

"it's super heavy, woo. what did you order?"

as the confusion amounted in my mind, i kept my lips in a tight line and rushed down the stairs, almost tripping over the awkwardly long legs of my pyjama pants (was parallel-universe-me actually taller than magic-me?). my mother wandered into the kitchen, a large cardboard box tucked under her arm. it was in perfect condition: there was not a mark or a stain on the brown paper that sheathed it. i stood in front of my mother dumbly, glaring at the package with my blurry vision, wracking my brain for a possible solution to this strange, anonymous problem.

"darling, your shirt's on back to front."

my eyes go wide and a sound of surprise escapes my lips as glance down; the label indeed stuck up, painfully obvious. i take the parcel off of my mother and almost drop it, not expecting it to be so heavy. already bounding back up the stairs, i avoid her scrutinising gaze and stumble into my bedroom, shutting the door firmly behind me. no noise emits from the package as i shake it gently, trying to figure out what was inside. there was also no return address, but mine was written in such familiar spidery penmanship: i guess it was now or never.

i tore the paper deliberately, trying not to create as little mess as possible. it was a simple enough process; the paper fell away with ease and i was suddenly left with a wooden box, creasing the soft cotton sheets of my bed. it was polished and perfect, dark oak and very expensive-looking. the clasp was gold, probably pure, and was engraved with three letters: hss. it fell away with some effort: it clearly hadn't been opened in a long time and creaked as i eased the lid open. the breath caught in my throat as i saw what was inside.

two rows of gleaming silver rings were slotted neatly into soft black velvet that melted under my touch. there were six on the top row, evenly spaced and impeccable, and seven just below them.i  immediately recognised the logo of 'seventeen' emblazoned cleanly on the front of each ring. i went to pick one up for a closer inspection, but they were stuck fast against the velvet: my head throbbed as i tried to figure out why none of the rings were coming loose.

i was about to lose hope, to just smother the box with the piles of clothes scattered around my room and forget about it, but then the last ring on the first show slid easily from the fabric surrounding it as my fingers pinched and twisted. why had that one come out so easily, yet the others were still melded into the box? i brought the ring up to the lenses of my round glasses and i almost fainted with what i saw.

my name, in thick black capitals, was printed on the inside with my birthday and the letter 'g' aptly next to it. it fit the size of my pink suspiciously well as i wiggled it in the sunlight filtering through my blinds. i liked the way it glittered.

my phone buzzed with a notification, bringing me out of my thoughts. i hastily shut the box and slotted it under my bed, next to the two journals i now had to find my members.

[j.wonwoo96] isobelyau: dad said he sent u the rings !! did you get them?

i swiped right and unlocked my phone, loading the instagram app. i couldn't help but shift my gaze to the new bling on my hand: it was going to take some time to get used to. my phone buzzed again and i realised i had already opened izzy's message.

[j.wonwoo96] isobelyau:  wonwoo? are you there?

j.wonwoo96: sorry, i just got them

j.wonwoo96: just a question, why won't the other rings come out? mine did and i'm wearing it now but none of the others budged.

isobelyau: because you're not the rightful owner. they'll come loose when you need them too

isobelyau: aka when you finally confront the others

j.wonwoo96: right ok, thank you

i shut off my phone, not bothering to wait for a reply. at least it was the weekend today: school was going to be a nightmare tomorrow.

_____________

hey guys! how are you all doing?

i'm sorry this was another filler, i promise some action will start to occur in the upcoming chapters.

my instagram handle is the same as my real one if u wanna follow <3