.:jretkzwp:.

INknown

the amber light curses our shadows to dance endlessly as my council and i observe the scene unfolding before us. there's a mixture of pity and humour as the sandstone carcass finally falls, reduced to nothing but soot and ash dissipating in the gentle morning breeze.

"as expected of phthisis!" a member of my council, shrouded in an aquamarine cloak as coils of hair the colour of squid ink wash out from under the silk, disappearing like the tide as he throws his head back and laughs throatily. "why waste your time with him, my lord?"

i simply shake my head and firmly swat the air, causing the glass ball to dull instantly. nine pairs of eyes raise in the firelight to meet my own hardened ones as they await my next command; i can tell they're desperate for the go-ahead, clawing at my resolve until i finally give in.

ignoring their pleading gazes, i turn my attention to the last person sat at the table on my right. her plum cloak sheens with green in the stony meeting hall and her white hair wisps like the steam of a cauldron. the two flickering spectral heads, facing left and right over her shoulders, grin wickedly as i study her calculated movements with a smirk.

"the time has come for the electos decem to defeat seventeen!"