Chapter 6: Liana

The fire burned. But I couldn't move. I was frozen in place. I screamed as loud as I could. But then it was over. I collapsed onto the ground and blacked out. After who knows how long, I woke up. I was in a dark room. I could hear someone talking.

"Do you think she's-" a voice that sounded like that pixie thing said.

"Of course she is. Are you stupid? She survived the trip here." This was a much deeper voice.

"Well, then what are we gonna do with her?"

"We can't let her go back. She's much too powerful."

"That explains why she resisted me."

"She could really help with our mission."

"But there's no way she would agree to that."

"Then I'll just have to take her power."

"And how are you gonna do that? Anything like that would put us on the radar."

"Bonding."

"Huh?"

"Bonding!"

"How's that going to help? It's just going to make her a co-leader or something like that!"

"It's not going to be that kind of bonding."

"And how are you going to do that?"

"Easy all I have to do i-"

"What?!"

"Shut up."

"Huh?"

"Shut up! She's awake." How did he know? I realized I was in a chair. My hands were strapped to the arms. My legs were strapped to the bottom. "So what do you have to say for yourself, girly?" I looked up. I couldn't see anything. It was pitch black. "Say something!"

"Uh." I could barely talk. I couldn't tell if I was scared or sad or some other emotion. Then the deep-voice guy started laughing.

"I can't believe I thought she was a threat!" She can't even talk!" I heard him walk up closer to me. I could feel his breath on my face but I could see anything. Not even an outline or a shadow or anything. "Oh, right. She can't even see." I heard him mutter something. Then suddenly I could see. The light was really bright and it took a moment for me to adjust. Then I saw the guy who was talking to me. His skin was really pale, as white as printer paper. His hair was pitch black. He looked like a vampire. He had a huge scar from his right temple to right next to his mouth. His eyes had no color. They were white with an outline of where his irises are supposed to be. He stared at me, then started laughing again and walked away.

"She'll be perfect, Trix." They laughed together. I looked around the room. It was very plain. There were only my chair and the one that the guy sat down in. There was also a small table that Trixie was sitting on. "What's your name, girly?"

"L-Liana."

"Beautiful name."

"Th-th-thanks?" He held out his hand and muttered something. All the things that were holding me down disintegrated. He walked back over to me and held out his hand. I didn't take it. I think I know what he's trying to do, but it's not going to work. I just sat there staring at him. I could see him getting impatient. Then his eyes turned red. Then all of a sudden my hand started moving on its own. I tried to hold it down, but I couldn't. My hand reached up to his hand. He grabbed it and pulled me up. Then his eyes went back to normal. I could barely stand. Trixie was giggling. He started leading me away but I didn't budge. Then he stared back at me and immediately I followed him. Trixie fluttered behind us. He led me out of the room and down a hallway. He opened a door and pushed me inside. He walked in after me. Trixie flew in and she locked the door. There was a huge table with tons of food.