Julian x fem!apprentice🍋

You knew Julian would be hanged soon. Of course, this had been his plan all along. But what if it didn't work? All of these theories with the major arcana, no one really knew if they'd work out. Magic tended to be trial and error, based on gut feelings. You couldn't afford an error when it came to the noose around being tied around Julian's neck.

You sat in the palace bath, having taken up Countess Nadia's offer to clean up before the masquerade later tonight. You were a ball of nerves and worry, everyone could tell how much you distrusted the plan Julian concocted.

What if you never saw him again?

As if on cue, the heavy curtain to the baths shuffled a bit. You heard Julian's voice call out to you.

"[Y/N]? Are you in here? Can I come in, dear?"

You panicked a bit, trying to situate yourself so as not to expose yourself to him entirely. Quickly turning and leaning on the edge of the bathing pool, hopefully concealing yourself against the walls, you granted him entrance. He peeked around the curtain; flushed red, maybe from the steam coming off the bath, maybe from embarrassment seeing you in such a vulnerable state.

"Nadia said I'd find you here. Something about getting ready for the masquerade. I suppose I have some getting ready to do, as well. But I wanted to spend some time with you beforehand, I hope you don't mind." He smiled weakly as his hand subconsciously went to his neck.

The act made you tear up, just the thought of the possibility of losing him was enough for you to want to call the whole thing off. You let out a choked sob, emotions quickly overtaking you. You weren't sure if you wanted to push him away, to hopefully lessen the pain should something go wrong; or hold him close, and never let him go. Luckily, he made the choice for you.

"Oh, love, please don't cry!" He rushed from the doorway, kneeling at the side of the pool to wipe away your tears. He may be able to take physical pain from you, but he was powerless to lessen the emotional burden placed on your shoulders.

"What can I do to help, love?" He hated to see you this way, you seemed so small curled in on yourself.

"Call it off. We can find another way." You knew it was a low blow, but at this point you were willing to fight dirty to possibly save his life. His face twisted in pain, knowing he couldn't grant what you asked.

"You know I can't do that..." He lost his facade of confidence, unable to meet your eyes. There had to be a way, somehow to twist his arm, convince him to stop this madness. You felt rage boil up in you, nothing was worth risking his life.

"But what if you don't come back, Julian? What about Portia, Mazelinka? What about me? Doesn't that matter to you at all?" You spit at him, words full of poison. Angry tears rolled down your face in droves, falling onto the ground at his feet. He looked taken aback, but his face softened a shade.

"[Y/N]... I'll always find my way back to you. I'd fight through every realm in that whole magic deck of yours to make it back to you. You should know that by now, love." He leaned down to kiss you, hands tangled in your hair. You kissed him back fiercely, somehow thinking it might be your last chance. You kept pulling him, closer, closer...

Until he lost his balance and fell, headfirst into the water with you. Still fully clothed, though he didn't seem to care. He shook the water out of his hair and laughed, pulling you into another heated kiss. He sat down on the ledge in the bath, never breaking your contact, while he pulled you onto his lap. His white shirt stuck to his skin, nearly transparent from the water. You looked down at him, eyes full of love.

"Stay with me, at least for now. The masquerade isn't for another few hours, please?" Its not like they could start without him anyways, seeing as he was the 'main event'.

"Of course, love." He started stripping from his sopping clothes, piling them in a dripping heap next to the bathing pool. With the hour of his hanging drawing closer, there was no point for modesty now. Hadn't this been in the back of his mind anyways? Why else seek you out in the bath? If he was about to die, he might as well live his last few hours in bliss.

Once exposed to you, you straddled him once more. Nipping at his neck and chest, his magic mark faintly glowing to heal the bruises as you inflicted them. Your hands on him were almost worshipful, not wanting to let go for even a second for fear he'd never return. He tips his head away from you, giving you easier access to his neck.

Finding one of his weak spots, he lets out small gasps, whispering your name through it all. He bucks his hips when you bite down on him, a groan leaving the back of his throat. Your nails rake over his skin, leaving red marks in their wake. You tease him lower and lower, until he's begging for you to seal the deal.

"Please, love, indulge me. I'll make it worth your while, I promise." His voice husky with lust, he grips your hips hard enough to leave marks. You glance around the bath room, eyes landing on a convenient nest of pillows on the far side of the room. Obviously Nadia kept the baths stocked for every occasion, much to your great pleasure.

You grabbed his hand, though he still whined when you got off him. Leading him over to the pillows, he got the idea fairly quickly. He nearly tackled you down, his deft hands seemingly everywhere at once. Certainly worked up now, he sucked your jaw line while his hands worked over your chest. My, he was talented. You moaned out a weak 'fuck' before wrapping your legs around his hips to pull him close, finally as desperate as he was for more.

Quick to take the hint, he buried into you. Both of you let out a sigh, your eyes rolling back a bit at the sudden sensation. One hand running through your hair, the other supporting himself, he rocked back and forth into you. He moved slowly, letting you adjust around him, straining his willpower not to ravish you then and there. Once you got used to his size, you quickly found yourself grasping for more.

"Ilya, faster, please," you groaned out, head already swimming with pleasure. He shuddered at your command, relishing the sound of his true name escaping your lips.

"Oh, say it again, love," he begged, desperate to hear you moan his name once more.

"Ah- Ilya!" You let out a high pitched whine as he sped up to hit a certain spot within you that had you seeing stars. Eager to please, he drove the spot harder until you felt a knot form in your stomach. Each sound you made pushed him closer to the edge.

You felt the knot coiling tighter and tighter, each each thrust of his felt like fireworks. He fit so beautifully within you, almost like he was made to be by your side.

"Please, Ilya, just like that," you sighed out, enraptured in the moment. Biting your lip, curling your toes, your peak engulfed you as the coil snapped. The feeling of you clenching around him combined with your back arching into him made Julian's own orgasm hit him hard. He exploded within you, crying out as his eyes rolled back and every nerve in his body went into overdrive. He kept pushing himself until you stopped writhing beneath him.

He rested his forehead on your chest, right over your heart; keeping his eyes closed until his breathing evened out. When he pulled out of you, some of his cum ran down your leg. He loved the sight of you beneath him, so clearly marked in every way as his.

You sat up to pull him into one last forceful kiss.

"Make damn sure you come back to me."