Asra X Julian X Masc!Apprentice 💕

A/N: Slowly but surely getting back into the swing of things here. Asra x Julian x Apprentice fluff adds years onto my life, and it was a request as well so I hope you all enjoy this small snippet of true and wholesome love.

Lately I've been feeling absolutely gutted after work so some of that probably bled into this writing, but we all have rough days, don't we? Especially in retail. Be kind to retail workers, yall.

~~~~~~~~~~

The apprentice let out a big sigh as he doused the magelight outside the shop, signaling the closing of the shop for the day. He can physically feel the weight leave his chest as the last customer waves a goodbye in his general direction. The shop is a right mess, herbs, charms, and various books strewn across the glass counters. The stream of people coming in and out seemed nonstop today, each customer needier than the last and seemingly never quite satisfied with what [MC] offered them.

Maybe it's a full moon.

Shaking away the fatigue, [MC] begins to quietly re-jar the dried herbs and flowers in their usual spots. Putting the small crystals back in their homes, arranging and re-stacking the books and papers where they should be. He just starts locking the drawers when there's a quick firm knock at the door.

Sigh. We're closed, can't you see from the lantern outside? [MC] can barely drag his aching feet around the counter before the knock doubles back, twice as loud this time.

"Coming, coming, calm down..." He mumbles before barely cracking the door open to see what someone could possibly need after closing.

"Yes, hi, the door was locked but I need--" before they finish, [MC] cuts them off. "We're closed, you'll need to come back tomorrow. We open quite early, I'll be happy to help you then."

He begins to close the door when the person starts up again, "I won't leave without it! You've opened the door, I can see there's still lights on in there, let me in! A 'great magician like you should be able to help me out easily. Are you sure you're so great as everyone says?"

Great magician sure, and a tired magician even more so. [MC] ponders idly before responding. Quite exasperated at this point, [MC] brushes his hair back from his face. "I live here, that's why the lights are on. I assure, the shop is very much closed. Please come back tomorrow."

Behind him, Asra steps-- floats, really-- down the stairs, his bare feet nearly silent on the normally very creaky old wooden stairs. He slyly slips around [MC]'s shoulders, peeking around from behind the door as well, a forced and very fake smile on his face.

"Can I help you?"

"Ah- finally someone who can get me what I need. You really should get a better assistant," tapping their foot on the stoop outside, they try once more to push the door further open. Asra catches the door almost aggressively, pressing his hand flat against the back of the hard wood and back into the forehead of the trespasser.

"My partner is very capable of running our shop on his own. He's told you twice now the shop is closed, the lantern is very clearly put out, and yet still someone is standing in my doorway. Our dinner is getting cold. You have two options: come back tomorrow, or don't come back at all." The smile never leaving his face, his tone sounding friendly, yet proved to be the exact opposite of his words. He flicked his wrist towards them, magic forcing them to turn on their heels before closing the door and warding it to silence any other sounds from the outside until morning.

Without a word, [MC] twists around into to Asra's comforting embrace, reaching out to tuck his head into Asra's soft white hair. In that moment, the shop fell away, the difficult customers ceased to exist, and the ache of stress in his shoulders melted away into the support of his lover. The only thought on his mind were the comforting circles Asra rubbed into the small of his back. 

Until his stomach growling brought him back to the world.

"I made dinner, come join us," Asra leads [MC] to the stairs, holding out his hand to entice the weary shopkeep up into the kitchen. The savory smell of Asra's cooking fills the small living space.

"Food sounds good, thank you." The words come out nearly a whisper, just meant for the two of them. Until a surprise third peeked around the hallway, a mop of curly red hair, too impatient to wait any longer, knocked into a low hanging protection charm, jarring the crystals to clank against one another.

It hadn't been that long since Julian moved in with Asra and [MC], so catching glimpses of him still comes as a pleasant surprise. This new arrangement between the three of them still shiny and delicate, a flutter shot through [MC]'s heart at the sight of him. A smile finally melts over his face, his heart light in his chest.

He could get used to this. Everything that mattered to him, here together under one roof sharing dinner together.

After shuffling up the stairs, ushered by his white haired partner, the absolute vision of his kitchen unfurls itself. Candles on the table, his favorite flowers strung up around the walls, and three place settings with steaming plates and glasses of his favorite wine already set up and waiting for him. A small gasp escapes him, hand moving to cover his gaping mouth.

"You-- you didn't have to do all this..." Nearly speechless, Julian and Asra each take either of his hands, wide smiles painted across both their faces.

"Of course we didn't have to, but we wanted to," Julian brushes the stray hairs out of [MC]'s face, tenderly kissing him on the temple. "You've done so much for us, helping me move in, running the shop, it's the least we could do."

The two usher [MC] into the seat between them, Julian stopping for a moment to rub the pressure points in [MC]'s shoulders, a doctors trick he picked up to release some of the tension held in the shoulders.

"You really should take tomorrow off, I could get you a doctors note if you'd like. Spend some time with us instead... You work too hard, my love." Sliding into his own chair, Julian gives [MC] his best impression at a stern look, yet somehow not quite able to make it entirely believable. Asra can't help but laugh and shake his head, teasing Ilya about it while they chat and laugh over dinner.

The wine making [MC]'s eyelids even heavier than before, he leans hard onto his wrist, nearly slumping over onto his plate. Julian easily picks up [MC], carrying him to their shared bedroom while Asra clears the plates and blows the candles out. Somehow the three of them comfortably fit onto the bed in the small room, [MC] already in a deep sleep by the time the other two doze off as well.