Chapter 1: The mother hen

Shin skipped happily on her way to visit Haruhi in her, or should she say "his", new club. Yes she knew all about Haruhi dressing as a boy to pay off debt and she was extremely worried for her younger sister. What if the boys were all no good perverts, what if they took advantage of her poor naive sister. What if she wasn't taken care of properly and ended up missing meals and then that caused her to become anemic and then she ended up at the hospital.

Shins eyes began to water at the thought as she quickly threw open the door to the host club, making sure none of the flower petals touched her, and ran towards her sister sobbing as she said "haru-Chan please don't miss meals and become anemic and die. I couldn't take it if you did!" Haruhi was slightly surprised at her sisters sudden appearance but not so surprised at the nonsense she was spouting or the fact that she stopped five feet away from her still sobbing and wouldn't come any closer.

The younger sister sighed and said "shin-Chan, don't worry, I'm not missing any meals and I'm not gonna become anemic. I'm perfectly healthy." the short crying girl calmed slightly as she sniffled out "promise? Your keeping up with meals and drinking enough and brushing your teeth and-" Haruhi cut shin of by saying "yes shin-Chan now calm down before you give yourself a panic attack." shin took deep breaths and wiped her eyes as she finally calmed down fully.

Suddenly a boy stood next to shin, he was short to normal people but to her he looked pretty tall, he looked like an adorable little Loli and her eyes were instantly drawn to the bunny stuffy in his arms. She suddenly regretted leaving sunny at home, missing the feeling of the small fox stuffie held in her arms. She was always very gentle with him because watching toy story had scarred her for life and convinced her all her toys were living. She didn't want to risk offending her best friend or hurting him.

Honey noticed her gaze and sweetly said "I'm honey! Do you want to hold usa-chan?" shin blushed and hesitated, greatly conflicted on whether she should take the bunny, which she had no idea where it had been, or not. Suddenly Haruhi appeared next to them and sprayed usa-chan with disinfectant. Shin got annoyed that her sister had sprayed the poor bunny in the face and quickly took him holding him gently to her chest as she turned a glare on Haruhi and said "I told you little sister you have to be more careful! You sprayed poor usa-chan in the face! He was probably choking from the spray!"

haruhi looked kinda guilty as she said "I'm sorry shin-Chan but I knew you couldn't cuddle him unless you knew he was germ free and I noticed you left sunny at home so you were probably dying to cuddle something." shins face turned beet red as she said "s-shush meanie you can't go telling everyone my secrets it's not nice. I'll tell all your friends about the time you -" Haruhi cut shin off with a glare causing her to hug usa-chan closer to her and look away.

She sighed and said "if your really ok and healthy I guess I should go back home then. But I've got a lot of stuff that bugged me today just so you know." haruhi smiled at her older sister that didn't seem like her older sister at all. She chuckled and said "right I'll be home soon and we can go shopping when I get back."

the small girl nodded but squealed in fear as a tall blond boy grabbed her hand and said "well hello there, who is this sweet little princess?" haruhi tried to stop him but it was too late. Shin looked down at where the stranger was touching her and tears sprung to her eyes as she screamed and jerked her hand away, dropping usa-chan as she ran to haruhi and grabbed a small bottle off her side nobody had ever noticed was there before. She quickly emptied the bottle onto her hands and began scrubbing them together harshly as she said "dirty, filthy germs, disgusting, revolting germs. Clean I'm clean." she kept muttering to herself as she scrubbed her hands together still crying over being touched.

The whole host club was stunned at the girls actions as tamaki hid in the corner growing mushrooms. Haruhi sighed and said "it's ok shin the germs are gone now. Your clean, your ok." the girl finally stopped scrubbing her now dry hands together and noticed how shocked everyone was as well as how upset she'd made the bond boy.

She sighed and said "I'm sorry I'm kind of a germaphobe I can't stand touching anything I don't know for a fact is clean. When I do I kind of freak out, I'm sorry." kyoya suddenly appeared next to the girl and said "your father told me about your conditions. Here this is antibacterial lotion so your hands won't get so dry from all the washing. Don't worry I washed my hands and the container and it hasn't touched anything but the bag it's in since then." shin looked up at kyoya like he was godsent, she quickly took the lotion from the bag and put it on her hands smiling at how soft it made them so quickly.

Two twins appeared and asked kyoya "what kind of conditions does she have kyoya?" instead of kyoya answering shin did in a very mature and matter of fact voice "I have two diagnosed conditions at the moment. The first is mysophobia and the second is hypochondria. Mysophobia is my fear of germs, disease and illness. Hypochondria is the way my head seems to take tiny health problems and turn then into huge health problems that I don't actually have.

"my hypochondria also applies to those close to me like haruhi, I've been seriously convinced both her, my father and I had stage three cancer about five times each in the past year. Of course I was wrong but I can't help worrying for my little sister, my mind just likes to take my worrying too the extremes sometimes. Please forgive me if I'm an inconvenience to you I honestly can't help it in the moment."

The twins popped up closer in front of shin as they said "wait your haruhi's big sister? But you don't seem like -" haruhi cut them off with a glare but it was too late shin sighed as a depressed aura surrounded her and she said "your right I'm a horrible big sister, haru is always taking care of me when I should be the one taking care of her. It's just so tough being short and I'm so scared she's gonna get sick or hurt and all I do is stress her out." shin had started to cry again during her depressed rant she looked at haruhi with tears and snot streaming down her face as she said "I'm sorry haru I'm just gonna go home so I don't burden you more!" she then ran out of the club room before anyone could stop her.

Haruhi rubbed her temples in annoyance as she turned towards the now guilty looking twins and said "thanks for that guy's. now she's just going to worry even more. I gotta go make sure she's ok, I'll be back tomorrow. " before she grabbed her stuff ran out after her older sister.