Chapter 11: Panic at the Resort. Pt2

My mind was churning over his answer as we walked. when we finally got to the others I realized what he'd done, I hadn't been thinking about all the horrible things that could go wrong for at least a few minutes now. He'd distracted me and I wasn't easily distracted from my anxiety. I couldn't help smiling from the realization but it only made me wonder why even more. I smiled even brighter as honey ran up to me, he was wearing a very cute floaty and he seemed to be the first one to notice kyoya and I. Though kyoya was already sitting at a nearby table.

Honey giggled as he ran up to me and said "shi-chan, shi-chan you look really pretty today. What do you think of my floaty? It's cuter like this right?" I chuckled at how cute he was being, I nodded and I ruffled his hair affectionately as I said "uh-huh you look super cute honey. You haven't eaten in the past half hour right? You shouldn't swim if you've eaten recently you could get a cramp. And you don't have any cuts right? No open wound that could get infected?" my eyes ran over every inch of his skin I could see as I tried to make sure he wasn't hurt. My anxiety coming back full force now that I wasn't distracted by thoughts of kyoya. Honey did a slow turn for me as he smiled kindly and said "nope I'm perfectly fine shi-chan, I ate some cake an hour ago so I'm not hungry and it's been long enough that I can swim." I sighed as I felt just a small amount of relief from the reassurance. I nodded as I finally allowed my hand to leave his head and said "alright... Just be careful ok? And don't forget to disinfect yourself before you get in the water and after you get out. Oh and did you shower when you got here?"

Luckily he didn't seem annoyed with my many questions and obvious worry. Instead he seemed to be happy about it as he said "don't worry shi-chan I won't forget to spray myself, I took a shower and I'll be careful. It's ok, I can take care of myself." I reluctantly nodded before asking "mori is ok to right? He's not hurt, he showered and hasn't eaten in the past thirty minutes?" honey nodded as he said "yeah takashi is fine just like me, it'll be ok shi-chan. It's not as scary as it feels here." his words stunned me for a moment before I slowly nodded thankfully as I said "thank you honey, I'm sorry I'm so difficult sometimes. I just care about you and mori, I only want to see you happy and healthy." his smile was so bright it was almost blinding as he said "it's ok shi-chan, I understand. You don't have to apologize for caring."

He turned and ran back to the others, showing off his floaty to them as well. I walked over to kyoya and after pulling a clean towel from my bag and draping it over the chair I sat down across the table from him. I noticed he was watching the others and when honey ran off to the water my attention was caught by high pitched maniacal laughter. The nearby gazebo opened up and a girl I'd never met before came up on a platform. Despite having never met the girl in person before I still knew who she was. I crossed my arms and glared at her as she spoke of who she was cosplaying as and honey-senpai's true motives. I could never forgive her for putting my Haru in danger with her selfishness so I stayed silent. I couldn't help the bitter feeling I got in my chest as kyoya agreed with her. of course I knew honey was only trying to solidify his place in the club but that didn't mean I liked kyoya agreeing with her.

I tried to distract myself from my unreasonable jealousy as I noticed Haruhi had a hoodie on and though I was happy she wasn't swimming I was a bit confused as to why. My eyes moved to kyoya as I cocked my brow questioningly and asked "Ootori why is haru in a hoodie? Not that I'm complaining." he looked over to Haruhi a slightly bored look on his face as he said "I believe tamaki gave it to her to protect her modesty. He said something about her not needing to show so much skin until marriage." my eyes cut to the tall blond as I rolled his words around in my head, I hummed as I decided whether I was ok with his obvious infatuation with my sister.

Sighing my eyes drifted back to haru as I pouted and said "I'm not sure, guess I'll just have to keep a close eye on them. They're both clueless anyway. He's not who I'd choose for me but he might just be good enough for her... maybe, We'll see." I could feel kyoya's gaze on me so I looked back towards him to see he had been studying me. His eyes turned back down towards his notebook as he said "please inform me if you have any improvements in mind for the facility fujioka." I nodded with a sweet closed eyed smile as I said "of course Ootori, why else would we be here if not to look for improvements? Of course they probably see this as an innocent trip just for relaxation but why go to a resort that has yet to be opened if not to look for things that could cause potential lawsuits." I leaned down and opened my bag up pulling out a black notebook with the word 'deathnote' on its front as well as a black and gold fountain pen. I quickly began listing down all the possible bad things that could happen and then proceeded to write possible solutions to those problems down.

The exercise was actually relaxing as I felt myself receed into my own little world where I could fix every problem I saw. I knew some of the problems and solutions I'd written down were trivial to normal people and probably wouldn't be implemented but just imagining how relaxing and inclusive the resort could be with my changes felt nice. I was only fifteen problems in when a commotion caught my attention I looked up from my notebook with a worried frown only to see tamaki face planted into a totem pole. The sound of rushing water caused my eyes to turn towards the wave pool only to see a giant wave crashing down on honey. I couldn't breathe or think for a moment as I lunged forward out of my chair, yelling out "honey-Chan!" I felt someone hold me back as I tried to run forward and do something, anything to help honey.

All the alarms in my head were going off, pulling up everything and anything bad that could possibly happen to honey. My lungs burnt for air as the water calmed and I finally remembered I needed to breath. However I couldn't seem to remember how, all I could get in were short rapid breaths as my body began to shake. luckily whoever was holding me back had yet to let go and when my legs gave out they gently lowered me to the ground. The panic I felt was quickly taking over as tears came to my eyes and I couldn't get enough air. Familiar black dots started to Cloud my vision until I felt someone grab my hand and chin. Kyoya forced my eyes on him as he held my hand to his chest and said "Shin, I need you to calm down. Just match my breathing, in..... Out...... In...... Out...... Honey-senpai will be fine, everything will be ok. We're going to find him he's going to be perfectly healthy and safe." I did as told and listened closely to every word he spoke. After a few moments of his comforting words and getting my breathe back I took one last deep breathe and stuttered out "I-I'm s-s-sorry f-for f-f-f-freaking out, t-thank you f-for c-c-calming m-me. L-let's g-g-go, w-we've w-waisted enough t-time."

I was still trembling terribly but I knew I was as calm as I was ever gonna get in this situation. Kyoya helped me up and went to let go of me but I held on to his hands tightly with my own shaking grip as I quietly said so only he could hear "please don't let go, I can't stay calm without help. I have gloves on so it's ok just please don't let go." I couldn't look up at him as my entire face seemed to catch fire. My grip loosened as he said "alright, I won't let go. come along now, everything will be fine." one of his hands moved to the covered part of my back while the other slid from my hand up to my shoulder. I could almost feel everyones surprise at the fact I was allowing kyoya to touch me. However their attention soon turned back to honey.

I realized mori had tripped on a banana peel and fallen so I quickly grabbed my bag of supplies and my notebook. I gently called out "m-mori, y-y-you t-tripped. Y-your knee is b-b-bleeding. L-let me s-s-see." he stopped in his tracks and I looked up at kyoya with a thankful smile as I said "O-ootori, f-figure o-out where H-honey I-is. I'll b-be ok I-I j-just h-h-have to focus o-on other T-T-things." he seemed reluctant but sighed and nodded as his hands left me. My shaking seemed to intensify as he let me go but I tried to hide it as I focused on getting out my first aid kit. Mori stood still as I carefully disinfected the scrapes on his knees before applying an antibiotic ointment and bandaging it. Once he was done I put everything away and said "o-okay, y-y-you s-should b-be f-f-fine now b-but n-no swimming." he nodded and quietly said "thank you." before I quickly made my way back to kyoya.