Chapter 2: Overprotective

shin came back into the club room once her sister was gone. She seemed to have a different air about her as she was no longer covered in snot and tears. she walked straight up to kyoya and said "your kyoya ootori correct? My father has told me about you." Even her voice was different, it sounded more like when she was explaining her conditions rather then the high slightly whiny voice she used before.

Kyoya looked down at the shorter girl curiously as he said "yes that would be me, but weren't you just running out of the room crying because they said you were a bad big sister?" he pointed to the twins from before and shin just smirked and rolled her eyes as she said "why would I care about hikaru or kaoru's opinion. They're incestuous. No I ran out crying so that my little sister would leave and I could discuss something with you. I hate making her worry like that but she would refuse my idea if she were here."

Kyoya was intrigued by that and said "and why would she refuse this idea of yours?" shin glanced towards the door and sighed as she said "haru doesn't like accepting help from me or, well anyone for that matter. Anyway putting that aside I would like to help pay off my sisters debt, I'll do anything you want I'll be a maid, I'll cook, I'll clean, I'll kill, I'll do anything to help lift the burden from her shoulders and I do mean anything."

kyoya and shin held eye contact for a good 15 seconds until kyoya finally broke it off pushing up his glasses as he said "I suppose you could help Haruhi by being the clubs maid, do you know how to bake?" shin nodded and kyoya smirked as his glasses glinted again and he said "perfect you'll be in charge of cooking and serving all the host clubs sweets." shin nodded and held out her hand to him. he looked confused causing shin to sigh and say "are you stupid or something?

"I'm gonna need money to buy ingredients to cook with and my commoner family sure doesn't have the money to buy for fifty extra people. I'll give you the receipt and any change left tomorrow just give me about 30,000 yen that should be more then enough to buy all the things I'll need to bake desserts for the month. Don't worry I won't spend a dime on myself and I won't be eating any of the sweets. I can't stand anything sweet, desserts make me sick to my stomach." I added, kyoya nodded and said "very well use this card and make sure to give me the receipts as soon as possible."

he handed me a gold card and I nodded before turned towards the door about to skip out of the room. I stopped as kyoya called out "oh and miss fugioka, how do you know our names?" i just smirked looking over my shoulder as I said "I know a lot more then just your names Mr. Ootori. But how I know such things is for me to know and you to not. I'll be going then good day boys." a dark aura surrounded me as I continued threateningly though still with a smile "and if any of you perverts hurt my little sister, your death will be slow and painful." with that I skipped out of the room leaving a slightly frightened host club and a very curious vice president.

When I caught up to Haruhi she was calling out for me worried. I instantly felt guilty but knew I deserved that feeling. I called out to her "I'm right here haru! I'm fine you don't have to worry." Haruhi quickly turned towards me and sighed in relief. She glared at me half heartedly and said "why do you always do that?" I smiled apologetically to her and said "I'm sorry but I always do it for you." She sighed but nodded and we left though I told her I had to run some errands alone so we split up when we got close to the market.

It was an open air market that was a good distance from our apartment but I didn't mind, I wouldn't be carrying anything home anyway. Before I did anything I put on gloves to keep my hands protected. I spent the next couple hours until the market closed haggling with people over the prices of all the ingredients I was buying. If there was one thing that scared the people at the open air market it was my ability to haggle. I could change even the most stubborn person's mind and my cutesy demeanor threw most people off so that helped. I could feel I was being followed but I didn't mind, whoever it was didn't seem to have any bad intentions.

Once I was finally done for the day I took my receipts and counted up the total I'd spent happy to see I came out at half what I told kyoya I would need for the month. I tucked the receipts into my bag, with my wallet and was about to throw it over my shoulder when it was grabbed and pulled away.

The only thought that went threw my head was "the receipts and my grocery money." before I took off after him sprinting at full speed. Despite my looks I had always been quite athletic, so it was easy to catch up with the purse thief even if I was in heels. As soon as I was close enough to him I tripped him causing him to do a barrel roll and end up in a fountain I hadn't seen until just then. Luckily he'd dropped my purse just outside of the water so it hadn't gotten wet.

To my slight surprise the host club ran up to me seconds later. I sighed and said "so it was you who was following me all day? You guys sure are creepy. I'm starting to wonder if I should even allow you around my little sister." I sat down on the edge of the fountain going threw my purse to make sure everything was still there. I ignored the pained groan from the man slowly sitting up from the fountain and took the gold card and the receipts from my purse holding them out to kyoya as I said "I managed to only spend half of what I originally planned, the ingredients will be delivered tomorrow early morning." he looked slightly impressed with me and it made my chest squeeze.

The host clubs eyes were on the man behind me but I ignored them as I packed everything back into my bag."you freaky little-!" before the man could finish his sentence I threw my elbow backwards. I both felt and heard his teeth breaking as I glared back at him and said "never mess with a fugioka, you'll regret it dearly." i removed my elbow from his now very bloody mouth and stared in disgust at how dirty I'd gotten my dress. Luckily I was wearing layers under it so to the surprise of the host club I slipped off my dress not caring that I was in public.

Once I'd gotten the dress off I was only in a white long sleeved shirt and some black short shorts but I ignored it as I was happy to see the man's blood had not gotten onto my undershirt. I slung my bag over my shoulder and said "I'm gonna go home and boil my bag as well as myself. Follow me and I'll ban haru from your little club."

she marched away giving off an air that made her much more intimidating then it seemed possible to be for someone her size. And kyoya couldn't help feeling impressed that the girl had indeed spent half of what she said she would. The savings cut the amount the club usually spent on honeys treats for the month by about a third. It warmed kyoya's heart to know that he would have more leeway with the club's budget from now on.