Chapter 3: Life Goal

A few days later shin was back at the club but this time she didn't burst in crying. She skipped into the room with a worried look on her face. A few of the club members noticed that today she had a stuffed fox cradled gently in her arms and she was dressed as a loli (outfit above but without the umbrella and jacket). She first went over to Haruhi and frowned as she asked "haru you ate the lunch I packed you today right?! And these perverts haven't done anything to violate you right!?" kyoya showed up and said "we would never do anything to harm your sister. I believe she ate all of the food in the box lunch and complimented your cooking."

i went over to Haruhi and grabbed her tie not minding the contact because I had decided to wear gloves today. I pulled her down so we were eye to eye and said "are you sure my box lunch was ok? It wasn't too salty or too big? You didn't hurt yourself eating it all did you?" Haruhi sighed and nodded as she said "don't worry shin, the box lunch was delicious as always, it was the perfect amount of food and cooked just the way I liked it. And as for the club they haven't done anything to hurt me, I don't exactly want to be here but I still have debt to pay off." i sighed and pouted as I let her go and mumbled "all you had to do was ask I could have your debt taken care of with a phone call."

My words seemed to interest kyoya as he suddenly appeared behind me his glasses glinting as he said "what do you mean by that miss shin?" I gave him a bored look as I said "just cause I'm a commoner doesn't mean I don't still have connections." Haruhi shook her head and said "paying off so much debt is to much to ask of you or a total stranger. But yeah shin is always going to markets both for the rich and poor and helping people with her smarts. Mostly because she likes to take care of people though if you ask her she won't admit it."

i glared up at Haruhi and said "I don't do it cause I like helping people, I do it because if I help them they'll think better of me and offer to pay me back any time. My future spouse may need the extra contacts, just cause I'm going to be a housewife doesn't mean I'm going to be useless to my dear spouse. I can't drag them down! as a wife my duty is to support my family no matter the cost to myself!" Haruhi smiled at me as kyoya just wrote something in his little black book.

Suddenly the twins appeared and said "housewife? Spouse? Are you getting married or something?" my mood darkened at the reminder that I had no prospects for a future husband. Haruhi didn't help as she said "no, shin isn't getting married anytime soon. She doesn't even have a boyfriend yet. But her dream has always been to be a wife. That's why she didn't apply to Ouran she would have felt guilty if she got the scholarship instead of someone else who actually wanted to have a paying career."

I was sulking in a plastic wrapped corner mumbling about being forever alone as hikaru again appeared behind me looking at me closely as he said "I don't get it. Your pretty cute-" kaoru appeared next to him and finished his sentence "so how do you not have a boyfriend?" I turned and glared at them as I said "just because my dream is to be a wife doesn't mean I don't have standards! All the idiots that ask me out aren't anywhere near Good enough for me. My future spouse will be professional and driven but still be able to make time for their family! I don't want some everyday spouse who's going to sit on the couch drinking beer all day and complaining. I want a spouse that is actually intelligent and doesn't lower my IQ after talking with him for five minutes!"

they seemed taken aback and I turned my deadly glare on Haruhi as she said "well that and every time she does give a guy a chance they run away after the first date since she either instantly starts talking about marriage or uses big words to try and intimidate them." my face turned Scarlett as I mumbled "it's not my fault I'm looking for a commitment and all of them aren't. Besides I'm just trying to see if they're easily intimidated, I don't want my future spouse to be a pushover." I went back into the plastic wrapped corner to pout. I honestly didn't think there was anything wrong with the way I approached potential spouses if they ran away they obviously weren't good enough for me. My family seemed to disagree though.

I heard kyoya say "I don't think there's anything wrong with that. If they're so easily intimidated perhaps they aren't good enough for your sister? Would you rather she picked the first man that asked her out? I would think you would want her to be picky with things like this." i looked back at him and wondered for a moment if he was secretly a God. Nobody but mom had ever stood up for how choosy and pushy I was when it came to finding a spouse. They all said nobody was perfect and I needed to give people a chance to get to know me before bringing up marriage. But how would I know if I liked someone if i didn't know what kind of spouse they wanted to be.

I got up and nodded as I said "Mr ootori is right, I'm allowed to be picky! Now if you'll excuse me I have some cooking to do." I marched off towards the small room used as a kitchen in the host club. I pulled out the apron I would be using and put on large rubber gloves before I started to cook.

Haruhi came in looking confused with mitsukuni trailing behind her looking excited. She watched me mixing ingredients for a second before she asked "what are you doing shin?" I didn't glance her way as I concentrated on what I was doing and said "well I knew you wouldn't let me call in a favor to pay off your debt so I made a deal with kyoya that I would be the clubs maid. I'll be cooking all the desserts for the club from now on." Haruhi frowned and was about to say something but I cut her off "the deal has already been made, there's nothing you can do about it haru." she sighed but nodded and left the room.

Mitsukuni came up next to me and asked "shi-chan?" I again didn't glance at him as I asked "yes mitsukuni? Do you have a request?" I noticed his cheeks go red out of the corner of my eye as he nodded and said "could you make strawberry cheesecake?" I nodded and said "I'll make it today and you can eat it tomorrow that way it has time to set." he looked even more excited and began to skip out of the room until I finally looked up at him and called out "oh and mitsukuni?" he turned around giving me his attention as a scary closed eyed smile covered my face and I said "if any of the food I make ever goes missing before I mean it to be served, I will end you." he gulped nervously and nodded as he walked out of the kitchen muttering about my being scary.

I spent the next hour baking and serving since I had asked the shops to deliver just enough pre-made sweets to get us threw today so I didn't have to rush. Once I was done I put them away properly after they cooled. With that I picked up my bag and exited the kitchen. Most of the club was gone besides Haruhi who was doing her homework and kyoya typing on his computer. I pulled out my phone and looked at the time to see it was about an hour after club ended.

I sighed and said "sorry for making you wait guys I got caught up cooking for tomorrow." kyoya looked up and said "it's fine I had some budgeting to do anyway but please don't make it a habit. I do have a life outside of this club." I nodded and said "of course but that just means I'll have to make less desserts, it takes time to make all these different desserts from scratch you know. A thank you would be nice but it's for haru's debt so I suppose I won't insist on one." i noticed his lips twitch up as he said "thank you Mrs. Fugioka. I'm sure the desserts will be delicious."

I nodded a smile gracing my face as I said "your welcome Mr. Ootori. I hope you enjoy the desserts I made for you and any guests you may have. I made sure they were savory desserts instead of sweet ones so that you would be able to enjoy them. Come on haru-Chan it's time to go home. Have a good rest of your day Mr. Ootori, we'll see you tomorrow." I didn't wait for Haruhi as i just walked out of the club.

There was an expo going on downtown today and I wanted to go to hopefully get some new contacts or just reaferm some of my old ones. It was always good to keep in touch with all the people who owed me favors that way they didn't forget how nice I was to them. Of course not all the people I helped had the money or means to owe me good favors but I still liked to keep in contact with them just incase there was anything I ever did need from them.