Chapter 9: Nurses Office

I woke up in a slightly uncomfortable bed and opened my eyes only to close them immediately after as they were assaulted with bright light. The smell of antiseptics met my nose and helped me to relax. After a minute I slowly opened my eyes again, my eyes adjusting to the light this time. I looked around and realized I was in the nurses office. I remembered my panic attack and sighed, I'd gone so long without having an extreme one and now I was back to square one.

I sat up and noticed kyoya was sitting in a chair next to my bed, engrossed in his laptop. Guilt squeezed my heart since I knew I'd probably worried the club with my panic attack. I softly called out to try and get the shadow kings attention "Ootori?" he stopped what he was doing and looked up as he said "fugioka I'm glad to see you're ok. You had quite a severe panick attack in the club room. Haruhi had to leave early to keep your father from panicking." i nodded and pushed myself up so i was sitting and could converse easier.

I was about to apologize when kyoya spoke instead "Regarding the trip and your Mysophobia if it helps to soothe you the resort hasn't opened to the public yet. we will be going as a pretest to see if the resort is ready to be opened. it's the only reason my father would allow it. the waters will have been touched by nobody other then us. however if you are still against the idea I can cancel the trip." as I was about to answer kyoya I was again interrupted but this time it was because of tamaki.

the idiot prince crashed through the curtain that had been giving me privacy and said "what do you mean cancel the trip kyoya!? i thought it would be fine since it's like a giant bath!?" the comparrison only served to make me cringe as I said "a bath!? a bath is the most unsanitary way to clean yourself. all you do is sit in a vat of your own accumulated filth and germs. how would that clean you?" he flinched at my obvious disgust as he wined "but i take a bath every day." that admission only assured I would never be able to accept tamaki touching me. Just the memory of him grabbing my hands caused my skin to crawl.

Kyoya sighed, obviously exasperated with tamaki as he said "tamaki would you please go check on the others, I'm going to stay with shin until the nurse returns." tamaki sighed but did as told begrudgingly. I was very thankful that kyoya had gotten him to leave, I really didn't want to be near the loud and dirty prince at the moment. He was probably my least favorite of all the club members. I even preferred the twins over him, though I still didn't think much of them either. I didn't like how they referred to Haru as their toy but at least they didn't go around calling themselves haruhi's 'daddy'.

The sound of the door quietly clicking shut caused me to relax as I said "thank you Ootori, now as I was about to say before tamaki so rudely interrupted. I... suppose I'll allow you all to go however there are conditions. First, Anyone with any wounds, of any sort, even a paper cut can not get into the water. Second, everyone must shower and spray themselves with disinfectant spray before and after swimming meaning if anyone gets out of the water they must spray themselves down with disinfectant twice before getting back into the water they must also shower before we leave the facility. And third, I must come with you so that I can keep a watchful eye on Haruhi and make sure tamaki and the twins don't do anything shady to her. Agreed?"

kyoya seemed to consider what I was suggesting as he wrote in his little black book. After a moment he snapped it closed and said "I believe that is fair fugioka, however as it is a matter of your safety before I agree I must ask, can you swim?" I stiffened at the question as a slight blush took over my face, I was a bit embarrassed to admit I'd refused to learn how to swim, the thought of getting into a pool of any sort of water repulsed me. However kyoya was right, it was a matter of my safety and I refused to lie to him "no, I adamantly refused to learn because of my aversion to pools of water. Mother never saw a problem with it so long as I was extra careful around pools of water deep enough for me to drown in."