1

Mace's pov

I take the pictures, mirrors and magnets out of my locker. It's the last day of school and I literally couldn't be happier. I think everyone can agree with the fact that school isn't the best place on earth. I have my music on and my earbuds in. The song playing is crossfire. My skateboard is leaning against the bottom locker.

I'm wearing a plain white t, black jeans and black shoes. i don't usually put much effort into my last day outfits like some people do but I still don't walk around like a bum.

I put my more important things and whatever I want to keep into my backpack and threw away whatever was left in the garbage. I put my board on my backpack and bring my lock to the main office after closing my locker.

When I walk out of the school a hand taps my shoulder.i don't have many friends in school so this came as a surprise. I turn and see it's Braden Allen the guy who hates me most in the school. "hey I know I've been an ass this year but I was hoping we could put it all behind us." I was so confused. Why was he being nice. "there's an end of year party at Brian's tonight and everyone is invited even the 'school rejects' so it would be cool to see you there." he said with air quotes. I nodded. "Thanks for the offer but I have plans anyway." I lied. "But if there is any other party's, well you have my Instagram." I said and turned to walk away.

---

I walked home and through my front door.  "hey mom I'm home." I yelled out and continued to walk upstairs to my room. when I got to my room I sat on my bed. I pulled my guitar over to me and started playing. i try to play every day just to get better. even if I'm playing the same thing every day.

Andy's pov

School was out for summer and I was on my way home. Dian was going to a party at Brian's party but I wasn't really in the mood to be around everyone. She'd get drunk, we'd have to babysit her until she blackout and we'd have to call an uber and split it. Layla was coming over in a few hours.

i walked inside and exhaled. "hey, andy. How was your last day?" my mom asked from the kitchen. "oh it was fine. Kinda boring. I'm staying home today. But Laylas coming for dinner." I said and pushed myself to go upstairs. she walked out of the kitchen and smiled at me from the bottom of the stairs. "okay. what would you guys want to eat." she asked. "oh nothing out of the ordinary, mom." I told her and went to my room.

when I threw myself on my bed I looked through what I had in my backpack. Someone had left their number in my locker. I wasn't too sure who but I thought it would be interesting so I texted them.it was probably someone from school right? so I don't have much to worry about.

Me: Hi I'm andy. You left your number in my locker?

While I waited for a reply I fell asleep.  I felt my phone vibrate but I was too tired to move so I let myself drift off into a nap.

I felt someone shake me. "Andy wake up!! I'm here let's do somthinggggg" they said dragging her words. I opened my eyes. "Layla, can you get me some water? My throat is aching." I asked her when i was able to get my eyes to adjust to the lighting. She stopped shaking me. "sure but when I get back you better be wide awake. I brought stuff to sleepover. "

She walked downstairs. And a little while later she came right back up to my room. She had ice-cold water in her and she placed it on my nightstand. And we started talking. I took a sip. "so what are we going to do?" i asked. "I don't know. I saw someone texted you." she said and pointed to my phone on my bedside table. "oh Ya they left their number in my locker. Let me check who they are."i said and reached for it. "so you're just texting a stranger? what if its the janitor from school!?" she said and made a face. i shook my head at her exaggeration. "okay I'm gonna go waz." she said and walked to the bathroom.

I picked up my phone clicked on the message and read what it said.

(123)-456-7890: hey. Ya I did. Um I was wondering if we could do this thing where we talk for a week and if u like me I'll tell you who I am?

Me: sounds interesting. I'm in.

edited 2021-02-19