12 not edited

i wonder why he never talked to me in school. he should have at least said something when we met. i took a shower and went to sleep. i have a lot to do tomorrow.

i woke up and showered. mace had told me he was coming to pick me up at 11 and it was 10:30 so i was trying to hurry up. i got dressed and waited for mace to come by and pick me up.

"hey what are you doing?" my mom asked as I sat in the kitchen. "why are you dressed nicely?" she asked again. "oh im going on a date with mace." I said nodding. "oh hes a nice boy. but I thought Layla liked him?" she asked.

my eyes widened and I looked at my mom. "oh my god. don't tell Layla." I said getting up and fast waking to the phone. I dialed Layla and called.

"hey." she said into the phone sounding happy. "hey layls um I wanted to ask do you like mace?" I asked. "no. why?" she asked back. "well were going on a date in like 10 minutes." I said. "what??" she freaked out. "what? you just told me you don't like him." I said in my defence. "I wasn't just going to admit it." she said yelling. "look I don't really like him. he likes me. ill tell you soon how I know." I said and heard a knock.

"mom go open the door im on the phone with Layla." I said taking the phone away from my face. " Layla mace is here I gotta go. ill call you tonight if I can." I said and hung up the phone. I walked over to the door and my mom was talking to mace.

"well mace I hope you two have fun." she said and let me walk by her. "hey mace." I said as my mom closed the door behind me. "hey andy." he said smiling.

"I need to talk to you. and what im about to say um don't worry im not creeped out or anything but next time just tell the girl." he nodded knowing what im about to say. "yeah I know that you were the one who texted me anonymously." I said turning to him. "how did you find out?" he asked.

"last night I texted and saw the notification on your laptop." I said. "im not creeped out. I mean I'd say Im a layed back person so I wouldn't have been an asshole if you just told me you liked me." I said walking and taking his hand it mine.

he nodded and smiled. "I just didn't think you liked me." he said letting me grab his hand. "oh I mean I don't have such strong feelings. Layla has feelings for you and she was upset to hear that we were going on a date." I said looking at him. his smile faded and he looked down. "no I think we can work this out. its just, you know when my friends have feelings for a guy I tend to stay away from that guy." I said squeezing his hand.

" I never said anything at school because I thought it was weird for a guy you know nothing about to have such a huge crush." he said swinging out hands. I nodded understanding what he meant. we arrived at the coffee shop and sat talking for a few hours.