10

mace

When I woke up I rolled out of bed and landed on the floor. I exhaled and groaned in pain. now it's time for breakfast. I got off the floor and made breakfast. the reason I haven't mentioned my parents is because I'm living with my cousin. I didn't like the way things were going in my parent's house and my cousin Greg let me stay with him. he's never really home so it feels like I'm living here alone.

while I was pouring the milk over my cereal I heard a knock on the door. I walked to the door with my cereal in hand and opened it. "oh good morning?" I said almost like a question. "Hey, wanna hang out?" she asked as we walked to my room. "yeah come in." I said as I went to help her in. I somehow manage not to show my feelings. I've never been good at that. god, I feel so pathetic. She sat on my bed. "so I don't know if I've told you but someone has been texting me." she said looking at me. "you're gonna have to be a little more specific." I laughed. though i knew exactly what she meant. "They won't tell me who they are. But we have normal conversations. They're supposed to be telling me who they are in like three days" she said evaluating. "that's cool. No one cares enough about me to anonymously text me. If I know who they are I know who to be mad at when they leave me on reading or whatever." I said in response.

"I care about you," she said putting her hand on mine and making intense eye contact. "Thanks, Andy." I said. "but don't you think it's kind of creepy? you have no idea who they are or anything." I asked. "no I mean what are they gonna do? I'm not gonna meet up with them alone. I'm not that stupid. he's coming to my party

Andy's pov

Mace has been cool. Making new friends is always a fun experience. I can't help but feel like he's so insecure. I don't know why but we aren't close enough for me to ask him about that stuff. I don't want to embarrass him so I think ill wait a while. "so what exactly do you want to do?" he asked. "Um we can watch a movie," I suggested. I nodded. "I can go make popcorn" he asked as he finished his cereal and walked out of the room.

I thought this would be a good time to text that anonymous dude.

Hey. sorry for not texting back

When I sent it I heard vibrating come from mace's phone on his desk. I slowly got up to see who it was. I got this feeling like I should see that notification. As I reached out to grab it mace walked in. "hey do you want any drinks? " he asked from the other room. "soda will do fine." I smiled. He walked back in and I realized that I shouldn't be looking through someone's personal business so I left the phone alone. I sat back down on his bed and looked through Netflix for a movie.

maces pov

I've realized that a soulmate has no labels. it doesn't have to be a boy and a girl and you certainly don't have to be romantic soul mates. she and I could be best friends. close friends that can talk about hookups, dates and things that can usually be too personal.

edited: 2021-04-25