7

Andy

When I woke up I looked at my phone and the first thing I saw was a recent unread text from mystery boy.

Him: morning! Hope you have a good day. I will be busy all day so I'll talk to you tonight.

I had a smile plastered on my face. whoever this person was, they were a lot more devoted than most people I know. sometimes I feel like a boring side character whos just around for other people's development. it's like I don't know anything about myself.

I got out of bed and walked into the bathroom for a shower. I wonder what's gonna happen when I meet him. I did what I needed to do and got out to get dressed. I wore sweat pants and a normal white tanktop. when i was done I hopped downstairs. my mom was already gone at work. she usually leaves really early so this comes as no surprise. I just made toast, scrambled eggs, and cut up some fruits for my breakfast. I sat and ate. My phone started to ding. When I looked it said I had a text from Linoel

Linoel: hey Andy. Wanna go get coffee?

Me: sure what time?

Linoel: at 3:20 maybe

Me: alr. pick me up?

Linoel: yeah ill text you when I'm near.

*

Lionel is one of my best guy friends. I've known him since third grade. He is the most loyal friend I've ever met. He's the most loyal person I've ever met. I'm truly thankful for him. I've realized that as i grew up and had problems that I couldn't go to my mom for help, he was always there. he's like the 'mom' of the group. he wasn't really part of my friend group as much as I was part of his. and the reason why he's the 'mom' and not the 'dad' is because he takes care of us like its what he was born to do. when dads are good dads it's because they were told to be a good dad not out of instinct.

It was only 9:45 am so I had tons of time to do other things. I cleaned my room and rearranged my bookshelf. then i got bored so i sat down and looked through a bunch of art I made over the years. one time i was asked to make a project with deep meaning for art class and I just painted an hourglass with a red background and gave a sappy story because I am so boring, truly.

I wanted to take a walk so I put on my shoes and headed out the door. I walked down to the park and sat on the swings for a while. I swung back and forth and felt the chilled air find its way through my hair. i haven't had a feeling like this in a while. not since I was little. "can i have a turn?" the little boy yelled up at me. there was only one swing and I should probably be heading home so i nodded and hopped off. "have fun." I smiled and started walking home.

when i got home a grabbed a purse and put what I needed in it and waited for Linoel to text me and pick me up.

))

tried to make this a little longer. this is really just a filler chapter.

edited: 2021-04-23