4

Mace

I can't believe I met her. And she didn't know it was me. I wonder what she thought. "what else do you do besides skate?" I asked wanting to know more about her.

It seemed like Layla was interested in me. Her hands were sweaty and she smiled awkwardly when she shook my hand. she kept stealing glances over at me too. That happened once before with a girl named Nia in middle school. I really don't understand why she liked me. I'm not attractive or popular. Or even rich. I've never been anyone's first choice. it never made me sad or anything because i wasn't really interested in a relationship.

"I play sports sometimes." she said. "what sports. I like basketball and soccer." I asked once again. "oh I like swimming, track, soccer and softball." she replied. cool she likes sports. "I usually only play at school but if there isn't anything to do during the summer I play then too." I said waving my hands around. "me too. i don't join those teams outside of school. i think i like music a little more though." she said. "I like music too but I don't think I'll get very far." she said with her hand moving around her hair comfortably. "will you shut up. Gosh you always say that but you such a great singer. Half the school thinks so. " Layla said hitting andy across the arm. Andy hit her back. "Layla will you be quiet?" she whisper yelled. "I bet you sound amazing. I'd love to hear you sing sometime." I told her. "one day maybe." she said. we sat in silence.

"give us your number so we can link some time again." andy asked. If I gave her my number then she would know that I'm the the one she's texting for a week. I came up with something. "I don't have my phone. My parents took it away because I failed my test a few months ago and didn't tell them." I rambled. "okay that's fine." she laughed

edited 2021-02-20