1. Room 054-2

"Goodbye Frankie, Please don't get into too much trouble!" Frank's mom yelled after him. He rolled his eyes and mostly ignored her, just lifting his hand to give her a small wave before disappearing into the sea of students. He already had all his stuff in his room which he had moved there almost a week ago, along with being given his schedule and a map of the school.

He had highlighted the room he was staying in, 054-2, the 2 meaning it was on the second floor of the dorms and the 054 was the room number, although there was a slot for both the names of the students staying in each dorm if they forgot the number.

His room-mate was called Gerard A Way, or that's what it said on the name slot.

He lugged his backpack after him, letting it drag across the floor as he came to a stop outside the room,

054-2| Frank A Iero || Gerard A Way |

and pressed in the code 7633A and opened the door.

He dropped his bag on his bed, watching bemusedly as it bounced and almost rolled off onto the floor, and then let himself fall down next to it, letting out a sigh.

He glanced over to the other side of the dorm, starting when seeing a boy sat on his bed. He had long, shoulder-length black hair, that was definitely in need of a wash, and was wearing a black denim jacket and faded dark blue jeans that had been ripped at the ankles where they had presumably been dragging on the floor. A pair of beaten up converse were tucked under the edge of the bed along with the boy's suitcase.

He had earphones in, and was reading a book - seemingly not acknowledging Frank's arrival. He had a pen laced between his fingers and every now and then would scribble something in the margins of the text, letting out a breath every time. Frank couldn't see the boys face but when he twisted so he could write, he could see how his tongue poked through his lips in concentration, before returning to his mouth when he twisted the pen between his fingers again.

Frank huffed and rolled over so he was lying on his stomach, his legs resting on his bag and pressed his face into the pillow. He did not want to be here. At. All.

He heard Gerard get up from his bed, and the book get placed on the desk that resided near to the end of the bed.

"I'm gonna go get a coffee, you wanna come?" He asked.

"Huh?" Frank mumbled, stupidly. He hadn't expected the question, so hadn't comprehended what Gerard had just said.

"I'm going out, probably to get a coffee. D'ya wanna come?" He repeated, shuffling around, probably for his wallet.

"Oh, uh sure, now?" Frank rolled over again so he was looking up at the other boy. Gerard was hunched over his own bag sorting through it, but he still nodded.

Frank sat up, patting his pockets as he did so, checking that he had money on him, as well as knowing he had a 10$ note in the back of his phone case.

"You ready?" Frank asked, he already had his shoes on, since he couldn't be bothered to take them off when he first arrived in the room.

"Yeah, just gotta put my shoes on." Gerard grunted, tugging at his converse on and refusing to undo the laces, which would have made he task eons easier for himself. But he eventually pulled them on, and stood near to Frank who was leaning against the doorframe.

"Ready?" Frank asked, pushing away from the doorway and actually standing up properly. Gerard, again, just nodded, following him out the room.

They left the room and walked through the corridors in absolute silence, the only noise being their sneakers squeaking on the linoleum floor.