6. What Are Feelings?

Today was the day.

Well, today was a day. But to be particular, today he was going to tell Jamia - who was his best friend next to Gerard - about his crush on the tall, black haired boy he shared his room with.

Gerard was currently at one of his classes, somewhere on the other side of the campus, which left Frank alone until 1pm. So he called Jamia.

"Hey Jamia-"

"Frankie!" Jamia screeched back down the phone at him and he had to hold it out away from his ear to save his hearing.

"I was wondering if you wanted to hang out for a bit today, at my dorm?"

"Sure! I'll see you in a minute." And Frank didn't doubt that Jamia would quite literally sprint all the way to his dorm room. And lo and behold, not even two minutes later there was a knock at his door and he was almost taken out as Jamia hurled herself into the room, wrapping her arms around Frank when he opened the door.

"Hi, Jam."

"So... Waddya wanna do?" She asked, falling back onto Gerard's bed with a soft 'oomph' and looking over at Frank with a grin.

"Well... I didn't really want to do anything, I wanted to talk, 'cause normally I talk to Gerard but I can't really tell him this..." Frank trailed off, closing the door with a soft click and sitting down on the edge of his own bed. Jamia propped herself up on her elbows, confusion spread over her face as she glanced at the door and then to Frank.

"Okay..."

"IthinkIhaveacrushonGerard." He blurted out before panicking because he had actually said that to someone.

"No shit Sherlock." Jamia said, falling back onto the bed, "I thought everyone already knew that." she smiled over to Frank.

"... How?" Frank asked, genuinely confused.

"Well you don't exactly try to hide it, he's the only one you're affectionate with... do you want me to go on?" She giggled.

"No, no, that's quite alright thanks." Frank said, a deep blush dusting his cheeks.

"Do you think he likes me?"

Jamia looked over at Frank again, before looking up at the ceiling.

"Honestly? I don't know." she admitted, "He's one of those people who is insanely difficult to read and if he doesn't want you to know something, then he will make every damn effort to make sure you don't find out - which can be irritating at times."

"Oh..." Frank breathed out.

"But, it's not like you don't have a chance." She added at Frank's disappointed sound.

"Huh?"

"Well, he admitted it himself, he's not exactly the straightest nail in the shed." She chuckled.

"Really?" He asked, sitting up a bit straighter, "he never told me!"

"Yeah, he doesn't tend to tell people things either, because he's just an awkward human being, but I'm sure you could ask him later."

"Ask who what later?" Gerard mumbled, walking into the room and eyeing the pair of them curiously, as if they had been planning to attack him the moment he walked into the room.

"Fuck, is it already 1?" Frank panicked, because time had flown by a bit too fast for his liking if that was so.

"No, it's only 11, class was cancelled." He shrugged, dropping his satchel near the bottom of his bed and sitting next to it, giving Jamia's legs a shove so he could sit comfortably.