2. Movie Night

Frank felt like he was turning into a walking zombie. University was a lot harder than he had thought it was going to be, but he was getting through... the first week.

He had already signed up to two clubs, both being music related ones, one being more of a band where he could go to just jam out, the other being one where you went, they'd put music on and you could do whatever the fuck you wanted - it was more aimed at the people who needed music to concentrate and was a bit like a study class, but with hella good music.

But back to the present, he was purposely dragging his feet down the hallway, which probably wasn't making him feel any better about himself but he didn't care. He paused outside his room to put the code in but messed up twice, finally getting it on the third attempt and not being fast enough to turn the handle so having to do it again.

He pushed the door open, letting it fall back behind him and he flopped straight onto his bed.

"Not gonna lie, I thought you were a burglar at first, trying to break the door in or something. But really that tiring huh?" A voice chuckled from the other side of the room.

"Yes now leave me alone I wanna sleep." Frank groaned back, his face buried in his pillow so how much of that was actually coherent he didn't know.

"Shame, I was gonna suggest we watch a movie tonight."

Frank turned his head towards the other boy, interested in the suggestion. But Gerard was already looking back down at his book, turning the page and scribbling something in the top corner. He was sat in his usual position of back against the wall, facing towards Frank's side of the room with his knees bent and the book resting on his thighs.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." Gerard mumbled, not looking up from the book.

"Sorry, I don't have a Camera with me."

"So you're awake enough to be sassy with me, but not watch a movie? Go figure." Gerard said, his eyes never leaving the page.

"Fine, Okay, I'll watch a movie with you, since you're so desperate about it." Frank said, pushing himself up into a sitting position and kicking his converse off. Gerard folded the corner of the page he was on and placed the book down on his desk, swapping it for his laptop.

"I sure hope you've got some movies on your laptop 'cause I ain't got any."

"No shit, Sherlock." Gerard mumbled, his brow furrowed in concentration as he typed on his keyboard.

"Dirty Dancing, Pulp Fiction or Ferris Buellers Day Off?"

"Um... I don't mind?" Cause truth be told Frank had never heard of either of those movies.

"Your bed or mine?"

"Mine."

"Lazy." Gerard muttered under his breath, a smirk on his face and he glanced up to Frank who was rolling his eyes but couldn't conceal the grin he held.

"Maybe I am."

"Pftt Maybe? More like definitely." Gerard snorted whilst sitting up properly and walking across the small room - well, it was more like a singular step between the two beds. Frank rolled his eyes again at the statement and watched as Gerard moved towards him.

"Well?"

"Well what?" Frank retorted.

"Are you going to shove over or am I going to stand here for the rest of the day?"

"Hmm, I don't know, you're quite amusing when you're annoy-"

"Or I lie on top of you."

"Fine, fine," Frank Said, putting his hands up in mock surrender before shuffling across his bed so Gerard could lie down next to him.

The taller boy crammed himself onto the small bed next to Frank and placed his laptop down on his upper thighs before opening the movie.

"Can you see that alright?" He asked, turning his head towards Frank and realising just how close they actually were, as it hadn't properly clicked in his brain when he initially lay down and could feel Frank pressed up against the side of him.

"Yeah, that's good." Frank mumbled back, his eyes not leaving the screen but he tilted his head so it was resting on Gerard's shoulder and the taller boy pressed play.

At some point during the movie Frank had cuddled up to Gerard even more - if that was even possible. He now had his arm wrapped over Gerard's midriff, the majority of his torso over Gerard's chest and his right leg tucked over the top of Gerard's own, his body curving around the laptop whilst still managing to half lie on top of Gerard.

And when Gerard had asked him why, the only response he had gotten was;

"Comfy."

Every now and then he would feel Frank grin against his chest when there was a particularly funny of gruesome moment in the plot, as well as he occasional giggle that would be released, along with the snarky comments such as,

"She just kicked that dude straight through a wall, did you see that, oh my god, I'm gonna learn to do that."

The credits for Pulp Fiction started rolling and Frank didn't move.

"Frank. Hey, psst, Frank?"

"Can we watch another movie? One like that?" Frank asked.

"What? Another Tarantino movie?"

"What?"

"He's done loads of movies, he's the director of them and is also in quite a few if I'm not mistaken."

"Oh, yeah, sure." Frank said, shifting slightly and settling down again.

"We can watch From Dusk Til Dawn if you want?"

"Is it by Tarantino?"

"Yep."

"Okay."

And again some giggles were shared, and some comments made and-

"Oh my god why did he just shoot that guy in the head?"

-so on and so forth.

So now, the credits of the movie rolling and Frank completely passed out on Gerard's chest, the taller boy had pretty much no option but to stay put. He had slid his laptop across the floor so it was tucked away safely under his own bed, but after that - and tried as he might - he couldn't get up. The smaller boy was truly a dead-weight on him, and it didn't help that every time he tried to move, Frank would wrap his arm tighter around Gerard. He gave up, there wasn't much point in trying to get away, and it didn't matter how long the pair slept since it was the weekend tomorrow anyway.

Gerard pulled one of the blankets stored under Frank's bed out and pulled it over them as best he could with one hand. The boy had a strange amount of blankets stored there, but then again, the majority of Gerard's suitcase had been books so he wasn't really in any place to judge. Gerard soon drifted into sleep, finding the warmth of the smaller boy strangely comforting as he wrapped his free arm around him.

"Goodnight Frankie." He whispered, pressing a quick kiss to the smaller boy's forehead and blushing almost immediately once he realised what he had done. He closed his eyes, letting out a small sigh and let finally sleep take him.